You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-10 21:39:59

martvefun

[E17] lock and keyboard layout problems when suspend

Hello,

I just installed E17 on my Dell Vostro laptop. The main problem I have is related to the suspend mode.

In settings > screen > screen lock, I enabled the option "lock on suspend" and the keyboard layout is selected to "be (default, basic)" (I have a belgian keyboard).

When I use the menu system > suspend, the screen is locked. But when I suspend my laptop by closing the lid (I see the power light indicator blinking on the side, so it's suspended) the screen is not locked when I open it.

Also related to the suspend mode. The layout is set to belgian (in the screen config as explained above but also in vconsole.conf and in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf). When I put the luks decryption key or when E17 starts at boot, I have the right layout. However when I resume the laptop after being suspended, the layout is switched to qwerty (en_us I guess).

Any idea why ?

Thank you

PS: this problem is maybe more related to E17 than to Archlinux but I haven't found any forum about enlightenment. If you think I have better chances somewhere else, let me know.

English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes
Arch amd64, GNOME, Dell Vostro

#2 2013-01-11 05:54:42

AurosGamma

Re: [E17] lock and keyboard layout problems when suspend

I was having problems with E17 after a fresh install (mixer problem, key bindings, etc), and I fixed it by deleting the configuration files at

~/.e

as the wiki says.

#3 2013-01-11 15:53:16

martvefun

Re: [E17] lock and keyboard layout problems when suspend

No it didn't fixed it and I use the default theme. I tried to find an eventual log file but don't seem there is.

English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes
Arch amd64, GNOME, Dell Vostro

Board footer