You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-16 13:25:32

Majorix

[SOLVED] No LXDE Battery Monitor

I just made a fresh Arch install (with [testing]) on a netbook today, with LXDE as the DE.

Everything seems to be running fine just now, but there is one slight problem (which is actually quite important): There is no battery monitor anywhere, not even in the "Add / Remove Panel Items" menu. I tried plugging into a power source, and running without plugging it in, neither worked.

I have researched a little but everybody seems to have that monitor ready for them, or they have it in the add panel items menu.

What can I do about this?

Last edited by Majorix (2013-01-16 14:00:43)

#2 2013-01-16 13:33:43

Fadel

Re: [SOLVED] No LXDE Battery Monitor

I'm not sure whether you did it or not, but I think the cause might be a missing upower installation. Could you check that out? I usually install LXDE and I always end up having to install this package by myself, even though the dialog for shutdown requires it to make all options available on my system.

#3 2013-01-16 13:59:51

Majorix

Re: [SOLVED] No LXDE Battery Monitor

I have learned that lxpanel keeps its user-based settings in ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/panel . Knowing that my Debian LXDE installation had the battery monitor, I switched over there, and checked that file. It contained these suspicious lines:

Plugin {
    type = batt
}

I came back to Arch, added this to my configuration, rebooted, and bam! It's there!

It is really weird that I couldn't add it via the GUI, but the terminal always serves smile

Last edited by Majorix (2013-01-16 14:00:59)

Board footer