You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-04 04:59:53

desertViking

pacman testing

Arch convert!  Love the pacman...

Had an interesting experience tonight.  I wanted to install the 2.0 OpenOffice from Testing.  So, I removed the comment to the Testing server line in the sample pacman.conf.  pacman complained about a syntax error on that line.

So, I created a testing file in pacman.d using the current file as a sample, but substituting the testing ftp:// site from the original pacman.conf.  Changed the pacman.conf file to reference this one, and everything was good.

There's probably a thread on this, so I apolgize if so, but thought somebody may benefit from the experience.

Again, I love the organization of this system and the package tools provided.  I've built a couple packages usinge makepkg, and it's very reliable.  Good job to all involved.

Kind regards

"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

#2 2005-11-04 12:22:50

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: pacman testing

This should be not needed. Are you sure you only got this uncommented for the testing branch:

[testing]
Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686

#3 2005-11-04 13:52:13

desertViking

Re: pacman testing

Hi,

Looking at your code I went and checked my pacman.conf file.  I had not  uncommented the [Testing] section header.  This wasn't necessary to add the Extra section and I thought it was just commentary.

Using the sample you provided:

[testing]
Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686
# Include = /etc/pacman.d/testing 

works great!

Kind regards.

"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Board footer