You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-21 02:19:15

Rukiri

Sound and BTRFS

I've recently been having issues with sound and now for some reason sound WILL NOT WORK without mkinitcpio_btrfs and the btrfs_advanced hook.  Why is this? I don't know or wouldn't unless I looked at the code but don't have time for that.

I basically want to know why sound will not work without btrfs_advanced but everything else works without a hitch? 

Here's my sound devices which now work perfectly but is also making me wonder if it's btrfs itself that's causing the issue as I did tests with gentoo and sound works with ext4 so it leads me to believe it is a btrfs issue and is quite odd as I didn't think the filesystem would impact sound?

Yes, yes I'm a bad boy for being in root.  But I'm setting up the system and usually create users after everything is ready to go but that's just me.

[root@archbox ~]# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CA0132 Analog [CA0132 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: CA0132 Digital [CA0132 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
[root@archbox ~]# 

I'm just curious if I'm the only one that has had this issue otherwise all my hardware has worked with linux since 3.6 (Nvidia 680 was the last thing to work perfectly, SLI is still an iffy subject in linux).

Last edited by Rukiri (2013-01-21 02:25:52)

Board footer