You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-04 18:38:45

Komodo

Urxvt not juxtaposed in ratpoison

Does anyone know why my urxvt's in ratpoison don't have their right-hand margin up close against the edge of the screen, as you can see here?

Kind of irritating... doesn't happen with xterm or firefox, which are the only other gui apps I have on the system :?

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#2 2005-11-04 23:32:53

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Urxvt not juxtaposed in ratpoison

ion_prefect wrote:

Does anyone know why my urxvt's in ratpoison don't have their right-hand margin up close against the edge of the screen, as you can see here?

Kind of irritating... doesn't happen with xterm or firefox, which are the only other gui apps I have on the system :?

It has to do with terminals and their silly increment handling.  See, most terminals will not resize to an arbitrary value - they resize in increments based on the font (so that they always display full characters and full lines).

I'm sure if you messed with your font, you could get it working right.  You could also add some padding or border width settings to ratpoison.

#3 2005-11-06 15:12:31

Komodo

It's not so bad now I've increased the border width in ratpoison; still a bit miffed though, lol. Oh well.

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#4 2005-11-07 16:31:44

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Mine does it at the bottom, there's about 2 pixels where you can see the desktop.

See here:
http://img496.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … ism8ev.png

Under the hardstatus line... there's a bit of white under the network up/down status, under the temp, the "p" in "cpu, and "cast" on "overcast".

You could also always try to match your border color to the background, then it's not apparent.

Board footer