You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-28 05:38:31

donniezazen
Website

[SOLVED]What to do when you can't find help?

Hello,

RescueTime won't exit cleanly on Arch Linux which might cause loss of data sent to RescueTime servers. It does work without error on Ubuntu. I created a post which received no response. I posted on AUR comment and maintainer tried to be attentive. I also contacted RescueTime Support but Arch Linux is not a priority for them. What do you do when you can't find help?

Thanks.

Last edited by donniezazen (2013-01-29 16:53:52)

#2 2013-01-28 06:02:33

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]What to do when you can't find help?

On the original thread, post more information.  What more have you learned.  Do you understand all the errors that gdb complained of?
It looks like a pyhton program.  Why are you running under gdb?
What errors do you get when not running under gdb?

Do not answer here.  Answer on the other thread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2013-01-28 06:36:46

the sad clown

The answer is two fold:  Dig deeper (Google is your friend) and offer more information to those you hope will help you.

It's that or give up.

I laugh, yet the joke is on me

#4 2013-01-29 02:43:51

donniezazen
Website

Thanks for replying. Okay I will start collecting more information on the issue and post in that thread. I just check Forum Etiquette and am wondering when I update a thread with new information do we like it in original post as an update or separate post in the thread.

Thanks.

#5 2013-01-29 03:41:25

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I'm not sure the forum ettiquette makes any explicit distinctions, but in practice there does seem to be a difference between bumping a thread just to bump it. and adding new information.

Bumping without adding new information is problematic as it is almost like lying: it's bringing a thread up in the active list without providing any real activity.  New information, in contrast, may give others what they would need to help you resolve the issue and as such it can be worth seeing in the active list again.

Last edited by Trilby (2013-01-29 03:42:06)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer