You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-07 07:20:23

colnago

kde forgot jpegs

Hello,

I have ben using the kde 3.5 rc from testing.  Sometime in the last few days jpegs are not supported.  this is evident in konqueror and in control centre operations. 

For example, I go to change my desktop wallpaper and it does not show .jpg files in a directory when 'all supported' file types is selected.  I click on a .jpg file in konqueror in 'file management' profile and it pops up with a box asking what to use to do it. 

I have only tried reinstalling libjpeg so far.

#2 2005-11-07 10:01:08

tpowa
Developer

Re: kde forgot jpegs

try with a new created user, this sounds like misconfiguration.
On my system it works, so it should on yours too.
greetings
tpowa

#3 2005-11-07 16:56:35

kth5
Website

1) try to start Konqueror from a terminal and see what it outputs while it tries to open the jpeg file.

2) KDE - as far as i know - manages its MIME database centrally so that it can be shared by all KDE applications including Konqueror. which means, if you for example once associated The GIMP to open up jpegs konqueror might happen to do that too, open The GIMP instead of displaying the files on its own. check on your KDE control panel if that might be the case smile

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

#4 2005-11-08 05:16:43

colnago

Of course you both have the fixes.  I should think before posting most of the time.

Thanks.

Board footer