Hi there people;
I've searched a lot on this problem, so it seems that you people are my Last Hope. My TASCAM US144 (using kernel module snd_usb_us122l and alsa plugin usb_stream) stopped working beyond my comprehension. I helped the folks at ALSA a few years ago to make usb_stream work with the device, but now I can't understand a thing.
Here is what I can say:
- The card is displayed in /proc/asound/cards as:
1 [US122L ]: USB US-122L - TASCAM US-122L TASCAM US-122L (644:800f if 0 at 005/016)
- The /proc/asound/card1 folder contains:
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 29 00:19 id -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 29 00:19 midi0
with no sign whatsoever of pcm's or usb_stream's. Accordingly, /proc/asound/devices only shows:
10: [ 1- 0]: hardware dependent 11: [ 1- 0]: raw midi 12: [ 1] : control
- I've traced the kernel module with no success. My conclusions are that usb_stream_hwdep_new is indeed called, but usb_stream_hwdep_ioctl (where a good part of the work is done) is not. I'm pretty sure it used to be called.
I'm deeply sorry that I have no more info to report. This post problably is a lost cause, as was this guy's post with the same problem — he elected to throw away his device...
My ALSA info is here: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=468f4 … 40d7d5810f
Thanks a lot for any input.
Well, it seems that PEBKAC. Anyway, for anyone having the same concerns:
- All the outputs mentioned previously are normal and not the result of a bug/problem.
- If your aplay is segfault'ing, it probably displays the right info, that is, "Unable to install hw params". Jackd segfault's with less verbosity. In my case, I had (for a reason I can't conceive) a wrong period size.
Sorry for the noise.