You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-29 09:54:16

anorman

Epson xp-202 will not print "Filter failed"

I am moving from SuSE to Arch - installed couple of days ago.  My epsonxp202 was working (well) under SuSE with 'drivers' downloaded late November.  The download now gives *different 'drivers', offering .rpm, .deb, dource (.src.rpm).
Cups finds printer (wirelessly) no probs, but attempting to print gives "Filter failed" message.  Log shows it to be the epson_inkjet_printer_filter supplied which gives the error :
[Job 15] PID 1469 (/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201202w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter) stopped with status 102 (No such file or directory)

file command gives this output
/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201202w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, not stripped

And ldd gives
/usr/bin/ldd: line 116: /opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201202w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter: No such file or directory

I have tried removing the compiled files and replacing with those extracted from rpm - no deal

Removed those and extracted everything from .deb, ran the preinst script, untarred the files and ran the postinst.

As an old (SysV) unix freak I am baffled.  After moving to the .deb version I got a complaint about /usr/share/cups/drivers/pscript5.dll not found - so I obtained this Win crap and stuck it there.  Back to same old problem.

Other forums suggest that this printer is fine with this set of 'driver' files.

N.B.  I *did* try copying over everything that the SuSE version appeared to be using without luck.

Has *anybody* an idea on how to make this printer function under Arch?  Xsane found and used the scanner side without any downloads or other inteervention.

#2 2013-02-01 14:02:13

Misery

Re: Epson xp-202 will not print "Filter failed"

#3 2013-02-02 10:14:59

anorman

Fixed.

Thank you Misery.  As I am juust starting out with Arch I was unaware of PKGBUILD/makepkg system.  You have *greatly* enhanced my Arch experience.

I am, however, still puzzled as to why I got the 'file not found' message from ldd.  I checked dependencies with objdump and installed the one (old)libjpeg it wanted, but ldd still refused to run giving me 'file not found'!

#4 2013-02-03 15:30:12

Misery

Great to hear that it works for you and improved your Arch experience. :-)

Did you checked the libs or the filter binary of the package with ldd? Well... if the printer works without an error - what's the problem? ;-)
Maybe you need to add "--enable-debug" in the PKGBUILD to see the problem of the filter binary.

Board footer