You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-01 05:49:48

seal20

ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-x not working

Hi everyone,

I have a very strange problem on my lenovo s10-3t and would like some advice to troubleshoot it. As indicated in the title ctrl-c, ctrl-x and ctrl-v stopped working. I first though my config was messed up in kde but it is not working in the console too. I tested different distrib but same results. I suspected a hardware problem, cleaned the keyboard but with no effect. What is strange is that both ctrl, right and left do not work in combination with c,v and x. Ctrl alone is working (xev shows it) and ctrl-d worked (reset the console).

Any advice? I could try to remap it to another key, for example the right click key that I do not use frequently, but before I would like to hear some advice. Perhaps someone has already got the same problem...

It is very unconvenient as I cannot copy paste, etc but moreover I cannot exit nano! I had to return to vi, long time I did not use it...

Thanks

Sylvain

EDIT: i tested with an usb keyboard and the key combination are working! I really think it is a hardware pb... but why only a combination of key??

Last edited by seal20 (2013-02-01 05:56:11)

#2 2013-02-01 07:27:46

hvh

Re: ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-x not working

have you specified a specific keyboard type? maybe it's trying to interpret special keys where there are none.

#3 2013-02-01 07:43:21

seal20

The keymap is jp106. I tried to change it to is-latin1-us to test, but I get the same results...
I lost my nerves on the keyboard and pressed many many times ctrl-c and among all one press was recorded... Could it be possible that the combination is intercepted by something else? Or I need to change the keyboard?

#4 2013-02-01 07:48:03

seal20

I can reproduce the working combination. I have to type very fast ctrl then c! If I keep ctrl then push c it is not recorded.... I have to go very fast but without pushing them simultaneously!

What's hapenning o_0?

Board footer