You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-01 07:09:17

gombiuda

[Solved] Cannot switch focus with mouse

I've encountered this situation for a few days. It's so strange.

If a window is newly created by any application(gnome-terminal/google-chrome/pidgin/...), and after clicking the content in that window, the focus point is fixed at that window. I cannot use mouse to switch the focus point. But it works when I use alt-tab to switch. Even worse is that I cannot move nor close the window. I can only use alt-f4 or something else to close that window.
After closing that window, everything seems normal after I click the content of another window, the problem occurs again.

Please point out which terminology is not suitable, since I'm not a GUI developer.

I'm waiting for anyone knows what the problem is, how to examine this problem, and any thoughts on solving it.

Last edited by gombiuda (2013-02-01 07:42:32)

#2 2013-02-01 07:31:52

gombiuda

Re: [Solved] Cannot switch focus with mouse

Update:
I use xev command to monitoring the events and find out when the mouse cursor move out of the xev monitoring window, a LeaveNotify event occurs, but the MotionNotify event keeps occurring when I move the cursor out of the xev window, which normally don't happen at my friends desktop.
What's more, when clicking outside the xev window, no LeaveNotify/FocusOut event occurs, which will occur at a normal desktop.

#3 2013-02-01 07:41:39

gombiuda

Re: [Solved] Cannot switch focus with mouse

Update:
This problem is solved.
An unused mouse was placed under the screen and its right button was pressed by the power line.
After I remove that mouse, everything returns to normal.
Sorry for my bothering.
smile

Board footer