You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-01 20:05:01

damnson

Issue with sdcard slot Acer V5-171

Hi I have an issue with my card reader where it mounts if it is inserted on boot but if I where to remove it and replace it will not remount or if I where to insert it after boot.

I get this message occurring in a loop after I remove the sd card slot when i dmesg:

[44275.629829] mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.

any help would be appreciated smile

#2 2013-02-02 00:33:44

Bandit Bowman

Re: Issue with sdcard slot Acer V5-171

Try modprobing pciehp (from Acer_Aspire_One#Card_Reader, though it seems a little out of date)

#3 2013-02-02 00:50:56

Gusar

Bandit Bowman wrote:

Try modprobing pciehp (from Acer_Aspire_One#Card_Reader, though it seems a little out of date)

It's not outdated, I still need that stuff on my A110 - just modprobing is not enough, setting the module options as described there is also needed, and booting with the pcie_ports=native parameter. However I don't think it's relevant for machines other than the A110. Can't hurt to try though.

Last edited by Gusar (2013-02-02 00:56:08)

#4 2013-02-02 01:16:40

damnson

So out of curiosity should I have the pciehp file in my modprobe.d dir, cause that its empty

But when I use modinfo pciehp I get :

filename:       /lib/modules/3.7.5-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.ko.gz
license:        GPL
description:    PCI Express Hot Plug Controller Driver
author:         Dan Zink <dan.zink@compaq.com>, Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com>, Dely Sy <dely.l.sy@intel.com>
depends:        pci_hotplug
intree:         Y
vermagic:       3.7.5-1-ARCH SMP preempt mod_unload modversions
parm:           pciehp_detect_mode:Slot detection mode: pcie, acpi, auto
  pcie          - Use PCIe based slot detection
  acpi          - Use ACPI for slot detection
  auto(default) - Auto select mode. Use acpi option if duplicate
                  slot ids are found. Otherwise, use pcie option
(charp)
parm:           pciehp_debug:Debugging mode enabled or not (bool)
parm:           pciehp_poll_mode:Using polling mechanism for hot-plug events or not (bool)
parm:           pciehp_poll_time:Polling mechanism frequency, in seconds (int)
parm:           pciehp_force:Force pciehp, even if OSHP is missing (bool)

So I appear to have some sort of pciehp module.

#5 2013-02-02 01:24:18

Gusar

Of course you have a pciehp module, everyone does. But the point is to configure it and then load it.

However, I just realized there *is* outdated stuff on that wiki page: /etc/rc.conf is gone, systemd uses a different method for loading modules, so refer to the systemd documentation instead of messing with rc.conf. And of course, grub2 is configured differently, the instructions there are for grub1.

That the /etc/modprobe.d dir is empty is normal, it's up do you to create files in there. Filename doesn't matter, but it does matter that it ends in .conf (which means the wiki page has an error).

Last edited by Gusar (2013-02-02 01:29:37)

Board footer