You are not logged in.

#26 2012-11-02 13:15:14

Tomin

Re: Review my PySide (python 3) package

There is something wrong with the shiboken in this repository: https://bitbucket.org/arsooy/pyside_aur
I couldn't build pyside using it. But when I tried with shiboken from aur and modified the pyside pkgbuild to use it, it seems to work at least for Python 2.7 (building right now, it might have some issues with 3.3). Anyway the problem seems to be that /usr/lib/cmake/Shiboken-1.1.2 is missing a file named ShibokenConfig-python2.7.cmake and probably other files.

#27 2013-01-06 16:00:07

arlx_ignacy

Can you give me more detail into this? An exact compilation output would help.

It seems everything work as it should be, at least it does on my end, are you sure you have installed the python2-shiboken-1.1.2-1-$ARCH.pkg.tar.xz?
tZ3l1MQ

I'm sorry for such late reply, but I would like to know what is the problem. Thank you.

#28 2013-02-04 12:09:26

cookiecaper

It seems that you're using a source from macports, which is dubious in the first place, and it also seems that you're not properly setting the pkgbuild to build for Py2. Not sure if that is necessary on the mainline shiboken package or not, but it's building for me with 3.3 despite the depends claiming it needs python2, and NOT python.

This in turn makes your manual install commands after cd generator fail, as this:

install -D -m 755 ../data/ShibokenConfig-python${_pyver}.cmake $pkgdir/usr/lib/cmake/Shiboken-$pkgver/

doesn't match a built file.

Here's the *.cmake files that get generated by your PKGBUILD on my machine:

$ find . -name ShibokenConfig*
./build/data/ShibokenConfigVersion.cmake
./build/data/ShibokenConfig.cpython-33m.cmake
./build/data/ShibokenConfig.cmake
./data/ShibokenConfigVersion.cmake.in
./data/ShibokenConfig.cmake.in
./data/ShibokenConfig-spec.cmake.in

#29 2013-02-06 15:54:41

arlx_ignacy

cookiecaper wrote:

It seems that you're using a source from macports, which is dubious in the first place

As of commit 36e3a50 I changed the source from macports.org to qt-project.org, the new home for PySide releases. I used the (temporary) source from macports because at that time pyside.org was inaccessible, the change (and the reason for it) to macports can be found in the commit message of commit 4d2625d.

cookiecaper wrote:

it also seems that you're not properly setting the pkgbuild to build for Py2. Not sure if that is necessary on the mainline shiboken package or not, but it's building for me with 3.3 despite the depends claiming it needs python2, and NOT python.

This in turn makes your manual install commands after cd generator fail, as this:

install -D -m 755 ../data/ShibokenConfig-python${_pyver}.cmake $pkgdir/usr/lib/cmake/Shiboken-$pkgver/

doesn't match a built file.

Here's the *.cmake files that get generated by your PKGBUILD on my machine:

$ find . -name ShibokenConfig*
./build/data/ShibokenConfigVersion.cmake
./build/data/ShibokenConfig.cpython-33m.cmake
./build/data/ShibokenConfig.cmake
./data/ShibokenConfigVersion.cmake.in
./data/ShibokenConfig.cmake.in
./data/ShibokenConfig-spec.cmake.in

When you have python2 and python (Python 3x) installed on your system my pkgbuild should generate the python2-shiboken-{VERSIONHERE}.pkg.tar.xz file before python-shiboken-{VERSIONHERE}.pkg.tar.xz.

So when the build finished the remaining files was generated by the python 3 build, that's why when you use find after the build you will get something like ShibokenConfig.cpython-33.cmake and not ShibokenConfig-python2.7.cmake. I think that should be the case here.

This is a screenshot of my build, finished just now on my computer:
taGRpMg

Well, if you DO have python2 and yet you cant find any python2-shiboken-{VERSIONHERE}.pkg.tar.xz (and shiboken-common-{VERSIONHERE}.tar.xz), (or if you have any other problem with my PKGBUILDs) please let me know.

Thank you.

Board footer