You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-09 03:18:24

Multimoon

[ChromiumOS] Aura

I've been sitting and working away at this for a couple days now, with no avail. I'm trying to get the Aura window manager to work, and I'm using the chromeos login 'hack' as they call it, from Ubuntu. I modified the .deb and installed it with dpkg(from the AUR) successfully, and I do have a option in my sessions list, which fails. When I try to start it in a window via the terminal, I get errors about libudev.so.0 and the DISPLAY variable. I'm nowhere near a expert a Xorg, and I would enjoy some help. Thanks.

https://github.com/dz0ny/lightdm-login-chromeos

It always makes me laugh when people complain and rage over any distro's management ideal, when this is a linux community, and you could always make your own distro and experience the pains yourself.

#2 2013-02-20 02:28:56

oldtimeyjunk
Website

Re: [ChromiumOS] Aura

Are you using a 64-bit system? (It's an easy thing to overlook).

I was looking for someone to have got this working on systems other than Ubuntu, but I've yet to find a working workaround. Seems like is states "Ubuntu only" for a reason...

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition

#3 2013-02-20 12:01:38

Multimoon

Re: [ChromiumOS] Aura

Yes I'm using 64bit. From what I have found, Ubuntu handles matchbox(a dependency) differently than arch does.  I might have to go step through the sourcecode and see if I can find anything.

Hats off to you for digging this far back in the fourums.

It always makes me laugh when people complain and rage over any distro's management ideal, when this is a linux community, and you could always make your own distro and experience the pains yourself.

Board footer