You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-06 18:40:16

Kubouch

Geeqie problem - oversaturated colours

Hi,
I recently set up a minimal base for photography workflow containing GIMP + Geeqie. I have this problem: colours don't match between applications. Most noticeable is Geeqie. All images opened in Geeqie are extremely oversarurated compared to GIMP. The colour is also different when the same picture is opened in feh but not that much - it's close to GIMP. When uploaded on Flickr the photo looks the same as in GIMP.
I learned that it might be something about ICC profiles. I downloaded ICC profile for my monitor (I don't have a calibrator) and applied it to GIMP and Geeqie with no visible effect. I also tried xcalib with the same (no) effect.
Is there any way how to unite colours on my system? (Archlinux, Openbox, ATI HD4870 + Catalyst, Samsung 2232BW monitor)

Cheers,
Kubouch

Last edited by Kubouch (2013-02-09 10:06:32)

#2 2013-02-09 10:11:26

Kubouch

Re: Geeqie problem - oversaturated colours

I'll try to specify my post a little bit:
Why is the same picture opened in Geeqie so oversaturated compared to GIMP (and other software - Raw Therappe, feh, Flickr)?
I tried to load the same ICC profile both in GIMP and Geeqie but with no result.

#3 2013-02-09 11:54:11

drcouzelis
Website

Are you referring to a difference in saturation that would be visible in a screenshot? Here is my computer, with the GIMP on the left and Geeqie on the right:

wnHetiss.jpg

They look the same to me...

#4 2013-02-19 18:08:25

Kubouch

Yes, it is visible on a screenshot.
It compares GIMP, feh and Geeqie (from left to right). It is clearly visible that Geeqie is far more saturated than the other two. On my monitor feh seems a tiny bit brighter too but it's not visible on the screenshot.

Board footer