You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-11 00:44:03

eldamar

Steam big-picture gamepad trouble

I am trying to setup a standalone steam big-picture-mode box just for fun but i am having trouble getting gamepad support for it, it's working perfectly fine on my laptop so I'm thinking that i might just be missing some package to make it work. My laptop does not have xf86-input-joystick installed so i know it should not be that one. I have a xbox 360 controller but on my laptop the xpad kernel driver seems to be all that i need, so no need for the xboxdrv package from AUR even tho i have been playing around with it and with different settings. Also my controller is being recognized by kernel and xpad drivers seems to be working perfectly. Any suggestions?

EDIT: The controller works in xbmc on the same install.

Last edited by eldamar (2013-02-11 00:48:30)

#2 2013-02-11 01:47:43

vorenon

Re: Steam big-picture gamepad trouble

It's not possible right now to use the Xbox 360 gamepad and Steam BPM together. I made a bug report about it ages ago: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam- … /issues/95

You can remap the buttons but the triggers and analog sticks do not work properly.

#3 2013-02-11 11:50:49

eldamar

Re: Steam big-picture gamepad trouble

That issue have been closed for a month? has it not been resolved? problem for me is that the controller is not even recognized by steam, i know it should work becouse it does for some reason work on my laptop but im just trying to figure out how steam locates the controller, maby the mapping will be off but i should be able to configure that with a special xboxdrv config if possible.

Board footer