You are not logged in.

#26 2013-02-14 04:29:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Gst-plugins-bad depends on Wayland?

Bluerider wrote:
ngoonee wrote:

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.

I find that incredibly insulting and lacking class. Whatever happened to the friendliness of the Arch forums? Arch was built up by the people (not by kings); if it intends to survive, then it should respect its users (the people); else it doesn't even respect the GPL license of its linux core.

If you want friends, facebook is that way. Or myspace. Or friendster. Whichever, really.

Arch respects its users by expecting them to be mature and not need hand-holding. Bugs belong in the bug tracker. Mailing lists are where real work and discussion get done.

The forums, here, are for tech support, because there is a need for that. Not for bugs and/or development decisions.

You also obviously missed Allan's "by Arch standards" quote. Please check the mailing list, this has already been discussed there, and isn't a suitable topic for the forums anyway.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#27 2013-02-14 04:30:01

Allan
Pacman
Website

Stable enough to have installed as a library and stable enough to replace X server is completely different.

#28 2013-02-14 10:36:20

Unia
Website

Thanks Allan, I did not know that. I will mark this solved.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

Board footer