You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-11 07:41:07

hermi

[KDE 4.10] Kontact/Kalender/KMail issue

Hello together!

I have recently updated to KDE 4.10, which looks very good. Unfortunately, the above mentioned parts of KDE have stoped to work. I use Kontact for organising my mails, calender and RSS-feeds. The RSS programm (akregator) still works after the update,
yet Kalender and KMail do not work anymore. Kalender does not find any files, while Kmail still shows the the correct E-Mail accounts and files, but cannot fetch data from the servers. Due to this setup, I think either something is wrong with the SQL or
akonadi, but I do not know where to look especially for the problem.

Here is what KMail says when started seperately:
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

If no one has a easy solution, can you at least tell me how I can downgrade to KDE 4.9 again without manually tip in every package name?

Thanks in advance,
hermi

#2 2013-02-11 08:17:43

lman

Re: [KDE 4.10] Kontact/Kalender/KMail issue

That's not a relevant error message. It's just a warning, nothing to worry about. I get it, too, but everything works fine. Try running kmail separately or from console. See, what it prints out. Or look into ~/.xsession-errors, if you can find any leads.
Just out of curiousity, do you use KWallet?

#3 2013-02-11 08:24:29

hermi

I get this message while running KMail seperately in Konsole. No other error messages.
I will look into ~/.xsession-errors, but its a very long list and i am not sure if I can see the errors...
And yes, I use KWallet, but before this did not cause problems.

#4 2013-02-11 19:35:37

koz

#5 2013-02-13 07:16:05

hermi

Thank you very much for this post, it seems to be the problem.
Where can I find outdated packages for Arch, like the openssl-1.0.1.c-1 package?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, I found a server with outdated packages.

Last edited by hermi (2013-02-13 08:04:37)

#6 2013-02-13 08:45:44

hermi

Okay, the solution in the thread did not work for me.
When I start akonadi, I get the following messages:

[hermi@localhost ~]$ akonadictl start
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[hermi@localhost ~]$ QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
search paths:  ("/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/sbin", "/sbin", "/usr/bin/core_perl", "/opt/qt/bin")
"Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier 'akonadi_imap_resource_3', error message: 'Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_imap_resource_3': no such name'"
ItemRetrieverException :  Unable to contact resource
"Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier 'akonadi_imap_resource_3', error message: 'Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_imap_resource_3': no such name'"
search paths:  ("/home/hermi/.kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/usr/bin", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins", "/home/hermi/.kde4/lib/kde4/", "/usr/lib/kde4/")
search paths:  ("/home/hermi/.kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/usr/bin", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins", "/home/hermi/.kde4/lib/kde4/", "/usr/lib/kde4/")
akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(1979) FeederPluginloader::feederPluginsForMimeType: No feeder for type  "inode/directory"  found
akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(1979) FeederPluginloader::feederPluginsForMimeType: No feeder for type  "text/calendar"  found
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
AkonadiAgentServer(1972) Akonadi::SingleFileResourceBase::handleHashChange: The hash has changed.
akonadi_imap_resource_3(1975)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
akonadi_imap_resource_0(1973)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
akonadi_imap_resource_2(1974)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:

It seems that akonadi cannot connect to the Imap-ressource. What can I do about this besides waiting for a bugfix?

Ohh, and here is my akonadiserverrc file:

[%General]
Driver=QSQLITE3

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/hermi/.local/share/akonadi/socket-localhost/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/bin/mysqld
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null

[QSQLITE3]
Name=/home/hermi/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi.db

hermi

#7 2013-02-13 23:43:59

koz

Do you still have your account details in Kmail etc??

Kmail seemed to have wiped IMAP server details, and completely removed my SMTP entries. I added them, and everything worked, so I didn't downgrade openssl. Perhaps you could try that?

#8 2013-02-14 07:20:20

hermi

Well, the account details are still there. KMail even shows (sometimes) the file structure of each account correctely.
The same goes for for my Kalender files. Sometimes they are show and I can see what is in them (which is fortunate, since
I do not have a different account of my appointments), yet I cannot DO anything with it. KMail does not synchronise with the
servers, so I only see the file structure which was saved last time before the update, and I cannot change or add or delete
any entries in Kalender. Sometimes the accordings masks do pop up, but if I fill them and then save, nothing happens.

hermi

#9 2013-02-15 20:30:37

chash

You should use MySQL as Akonadi backend, because SQLite is not fully supported and may cause some problems such like this. In my case after a few months using of SQLite backend I observed systematic performance decreasing of Akonadi. I had the same problems like Yours after upgrading KDE to 4.10 and changing backend to MySQL worked for me, You should try.

#10 2013-02-18 07:10:01

hermi

Switching to MySQL did the job. It works again.
Thank you very much!

Board footer