You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-22 11:20:23

mibadt

LXDE: Persistent larger Xterm font size

Hi,
I've a LXDE based Arch on a netbook. Like many others, the default Xterm font size is too small for me. Searching the Internet, I've found the following solution, which worked fine. However, after reboot, I've returned to the initial small font.
Please advise how to get a persistent font size change.

Thanks

----------the solution I've used------------
As my home partition initially didn't have a .Xdefaults  file, I've created  one with the following 2 lines:

XTerm*font:     *-fixed-*-*-*-20-*
XTerm*boldFont: *-fixed-*-*-*-20-*

After saving that file I've run the following:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

Best regards,
Michael Badt

#2 2013-02-22 11:55:20

jakobcreutzfeldt

Re: LXDE: Persistent larger Xterm font size

You need to run that xrdb command every time you start LXDE. The easiest way to do this, depending on which display  manager you're using, is to put it in your .xinitrc/.xprofile/.xsession file.

#3 2013-02-22 12:04:12

thisoldman

As jakobcreutzfeldt implied, there are lots of choices.  Here's what I wrote while he was posting his reply:

The complete answer to your question is too long and too tedious to give in this forum.  If '~/.Xdefaults' is not making the change persistent, you probably have a file named '~/.Xresources' and xrdb is loading the file at startup (check '~/.xinitrc').  Add your two lines to the '~/.Xresources' file.

Two other choices for adding xterm resources include: '~/.Xdefaults-hostname' (where hostname is the name of your machine) and '~/XTerm' (note the spelling).

#4 2013-02-22 14:08:20

mibadt

Thanks a lot both of you.
I'll give it a try!

Best regards,
Michael Badt

Board footer