You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-22 15:54:41

dsulli99

Multihead Madness

Hi, Arch community,

I have a question that's driving me mad.  First off, I want to say that I am fairly certain my config is 100% correct, because I check my configs into my github repo.  This was absolutely working a week ago.  My problem is that during an upgrade, I hosed my system and ended up having to rebuild it.  Once I rebuilt it, I couldn't get my third monitor to work.  So, here's my setup;

I have two video cards and three monitors (one Radeon and an NVidia).  The cards in terms of lspci are:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Cedar PRO [Radeon HD 5450/6350]
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G84 [Quadro FX 370] (rev a1)

Now, I use Xmonad as a window manager, and had X all setup and looking pretty.   I used this setup for probably well over a year.  My actual X configuration is here:

https://github.com/dsulli99/arch_x86_64 … visor.conf

As you can see, I am using the open source nouveau and Radeon drivers.  Now, after I rebuilt my system, the Radeon screens work fine, however the nouveau driver nvidia screen never light up.  Based on what I can tell from the Xorg.0.log, eveything is loading fine.  I know the monitor is detected and plugged in properly because the serial number and model number are being reported in the Xorg.0.log.  My problem is that the nouveau monitor ( NOUVEAU(2): Output DVI-I-3) never receives any video signal.  Again, unless I'm crazy, by looking at the log data, everything seems to be kosher here.  I just can't figure out why there is no video signal.

Would anybody be able to shed some light on the best way to troubleshoot this problem?  I've considered downgrading X11 and or my nouveau drivers from the ARM, however I haven't ventured down this path as of yet.  My full X log can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/ySJSJHqd

Thank-you so much for your time and attention in answering my question.

Board footer