You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-23 04:49:30

warriorfrog

Bastion hangs / no input when focused

Hi all.

I just put together my first Arch desktop yesterday, and have gotten most things working pretty smoothly, but Bastion still  evades me.

When I launch the game it will sometimes load all the way to the main menu, sometimes stalling somewhere before. It stays stalled until I alt-tab to change focus to another window, at which point it immediately picks back up as though nothing had ever happened. If you then click back on anything there it hangs once more. You can go back and forth with it all day and it will continue to misbehave in this manner. When focused on another window I can point at menus, the game responds to the mouse movement and animates correctly, I can even click on things.. but they don't finish doing what they were doing until I alt-tab once more to another window.

I googled around a bit and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. The bastion/steam FAQ was not much help either. It looks like the launch options for steam don't work under linux? I tried running the game with -windowed and set x and y to be a fair bit smaller than the desktop and it still came up fullscreen.

It seems like the game works fine and animates properly as long as I am focused elsewhere. So I guess as long as I don't try to play it, it works fine.

More details:
Linux SHODAN-VA 3.7.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 18 02:13:30 EET 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

nVidia GeForce GTX 670 running proprietary driver [nvidia]

I have nvidia-utils and lib32-nvidia-utils installed.

I'm using extra/xf86-input-evdev 2.7.3-2 as my input driver.

Running cinnamon desktop environment. (tried bastion with and without compiz enabled)

Any tips appreciated. Ask for more detail if I neglected to include anything useful. Cheers

#2 2013-02-25 21:48:00

Morrad

Re: Bastion hangs / no input when focused

Triple check that compositing is off.  I ran into what you're describing almost exactly, and this was the problem.

It may help to try running Bastion is a separate X server so that you know no compositing is going on.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ga … e_X_server

Last edited by Morrad (2013-02-25 21:49:28)

Board footer