You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-24 22:37:15

ozooha

Mythbackend.service issues

After the mythtv set on a server PC I ran my mythbackend.service file and it would kept failing to run as a service. So then
using the help on the mythtv website http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_myth … figuration
I configured my mythbackend.service file. I had to add the MYTHCONFDIR and the first HOME variables -(See my file at the bottom of this message).
The MYTHCONFDIR mythtv folder did not exist at all so I had to create it by just copying the config.xml file from the ~/.mythtv directory.
After this setup the mythbackend.service worked. When I start it after the mysqld.service I can see using the systemctl command that it
is not failing. So I then run live TV on my remote client and the caption at the bottom left of the screen keeps saying "Working" for a while and then it exits.
None of my HDHomerunPrime Tuner lights come on when this happens so it seems that it does not create a stream for veiwng Live TV.
Now the fun part. I shut down the mythbackend.service using the systemctl stop command and start mythbackend (as a user not root) at the CLI.
I then restart my XBMC to watch Live TV and I do get to watch Live TV with one of the HDHomerunPrime tuner lights coming on.
What am I doing different or presumably stupid? Can anyone please shed some light on this? I appreciate you time and attention.
Thanks.
OZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Unit]
Description=MythTV Backend
After=network.target mysqld.service

[Service]
Type=simple

#Environment=HOME=/var/lib/mythtv
Environment=MYTHCONFDIR=/etc/mythtv
Environment=HOME=/usr/share/mythtv
Environment=HOME=/~/.mythtv

User=mythtv

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel debug
ExecStop=/usr/bin/mythshutdown --setscheduledwakeup
#ExecStop=/usr/bin/mythshutdown --shutdown

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

#2 2013-02-24 22:56:33

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: Mythbackend.service issues

The package version doesn't work for me.

% cat /etc/systemd/system/my-mysqld.service
[Unit]
Description=MySQL database server
After=network.target

[Service]
User=mysql
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mysqld --user=mysql
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/mysqld-post
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I also cannot start mythbackend via the service.  I have to use:

$ cat ~/.config/autostart/mythfrontend.desktop 
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=myth
Exec=/home/htpc/bin/startup

% cat ~/bin/startup 
#!/bin/bash
export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
sleep 7s && mythbackend --logpath /tmp &
sleep 6s && mythfrontend --logpath /tmp &

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#3 2013-02-26 02:24:39

ozooha

Re: Mythbackend.service issues

Thank you for your thoughts. I think you have confirmed what I was thinking. Will take your route to resolve the issue.
OZ

Board footer