You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-14 06:43:46

Cam
Website

FTP permissions error

Ok, this is sort of a FTP problem, but it involves permissions etc so I'm asking here. I think that's right.

I run Joomla on my site, I was using Mambo but since the Akocomment component doesn't work under Joomla 1.0.3 I've decided to switch to MosCom which is probably better anyway. I have it all working great locally on a test setup so I installed it on the live site via the Joomla CP and then logged in via FTP to delete the files I'd hacked around with locally and replace them with my own.

I can't delete them, whenever I try I get a permission denied error (this is in gFTP). Great, so I tried changing the permissions on the files to 777 (went out on a limb here) and got this:

SITE CHMOD 777 comments.html.php

550 Could not change perms on comments.html.php: Bad file descriptor

Now I'm at the "oh shit" stage, so I logged into cPanel to see if I could kill the files from the file manager in there, long shot which didn't pay off. No errors but nothing happened. Any ideas on how I can get rid of these? I don't have shell access to the host, all the other files I can access nicely are owned by 32274:cam, these files are 99:99.

Any ideas? Email support and get them to remove the files as root? This sucks.

Thanks smile

#2 2005-11-14 08:36:56

Cam
Website

Re: FTP permissions error

Okay fixed it. Created a PHP script that ran rm -r on the directory and that worked. Guess httpd is running as a weird user on the host or something  :?:

Board footer