You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-25 10:09:51

Isildur

Adwaita-X-light theme breaks checkboxes

I'm using XFCE and installed the adwaita-x-dark-and-light-theme from AUR. With the normal Awaita theme everything is fine but using Adwaita-X-dark or -light breaks checkbox (and I think also radio button) dialogues here. It then looks like this:
taGt6dw

I didn't find reports from others with the same problem so I was wondering whether the theme is broken or whether its a specific problem here.

#2 2013-02-25 21:36:22

jim_bo

Re: Adwaita-X-light theme breaks checkboxes

Hi

I'm using adwaita-x-light theme from http://gnome-look.org/. And i have no problem.

I chek the difference between my installation from gnome-look and the PKGBUILD from AUR.
I find that the AUR PKGBUILD install theme with 644 permission on /usr/share/themes/Adwaita-X-light/

On my laptop all the directoty in /usr/share/themes have 755 permission

After testing, I have a problem if have set 644 on /usr/share/themes/Adwaita-X-light/ directory

You can test, to check if you have the same behavior with

sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/share/themes/Adwaita-X-light/

#3 2013-02-25 22:30:56

Isildur

Hi

Thanks for your reply. For me this doesn't fix the problem. I also tried installing it directly from gnome-look and get the same problem. It only happens with these two themes, the normal Adwaita works...I also of course installed the dependencies of the AUR package. Anybody any idea?

#4 2013-10-26 23:44:16

pera

Checkbuttons (Checkboxes) and radiobuttons on Adwaita-X are SVG files, maybe you don't have librsvg installed in your system. Run any GTK2 program (ie gtk-demo) from a terminal and check for GDK errors.

Board footer