You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-25 23:50:22

mrunion
Website

[SOLVED] Cinnamon -- Shutdown Issue

I just got a new laptop over the weekend and have built it using the latest ISO. This was a UEFI laptop -- and it challenged me something grand! Anyway, the problem I have is shutting down.

If I use the "Menu" in Cinnamon, and select the shutdown icon, I get the common choices -- hibernate, restart, shutdown, etc. If I select "shutdown", the machine shuts down. I added the User Menu applet because I like it. There is a shutdown option on that menu. When clicking it, I get the same options -- hibernate, restart, shutdown, etc. But when I click shutdown, it doesn't work. I have attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

I've tried searching the Internet and forums and haven't found a solution.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject.

Shutdown Issue

Last edited by mrunion (2013-02-27 01:42:21)

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2013-02-26 04:11:46

mrunion
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon -- Shutdown Issue

I looked at the code of the User Menu applet and it seems to use ConsoleKit. Isn't consolekit deprecated? Before I start hacking on code to change it, is it normal to install that even though it's no longer supported (according to AUR info)?

Thanks in advance, guys.

(Oh, and my other system I was testing on has ConsoleKit installed. That's probably why it works there!)

Matt

#3 2013-02-26 04:51:44

anonymous_user

You would either need to patch the applet to use the systemd commands or contact the developer:

http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/45

#4 2013-02-27 01:42:02

mrunion
Website

I got jiggy with it and patched the shutdown command to just call "poweroff". That made me happy! Marking as solved.

Matt

Board footer