You are not logged in.

#26 2013-02-26 06:17:20

ViperDVMan

Re: Filename issues in KDE... possibly Locale-related

strange thing... I think I might've gotten the Locale fixed. it WAS set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 originally, but under a suggestion here changed it to LANG=en_US.UTF-8:ISO-8859-1. I have since removed ISO-8859 from my locale.gen and editted my locale.conf accordingly. I since rebooted, and now my filenames all read like they're supposed to, even in Terminal and Dolphin.

my locale output:

[arch@ADA ~]$ locale                                                                                                                                                                           
LANG=en_US.UTF-8                                                                                                                                                                                                          
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                    
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                  
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                     
LC_COLLATE=C                                                                                                                                                                                                              
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                 
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                 
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                    
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                     
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                  
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                              
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                           
LC_ALL=

All seems to be working well now. I don't know why it didn't read correctly when I originally had it set to just en_US.UTF-8. But now problem's solved smile

How do we mark this thread as solved?

Last edited by ViperDVMan (2013-02-26 06:18:25)

#27 2013-02-26 21:31:10

cfr

Edit the original post and tag the subject line.

Sounds weird but glad it is working.

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#28 2015-01-09 20:13:03

Chuck Arch Linux

ViperDVMan wrote:

strange thing... I think I might've gotten the Locale fixed. it WAS set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 originally, but under a suggestion here changed it to LANG=en_US.UTF-8:ISO-8859-1. I have since removed ISO-8859 from my locale.gen and editted my locale.conf accordingly. I since rebooted, and now my filenames all read like they're supposed to, even in Terminal and Dolphin.

my locale output:

[arch@ADA ~]$ locale                                                                                                                                                                           
LANG=en_US.UTF-8                                                                                                                                                                                                          
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                    
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                  
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                     
LC_COLLATE=C                                                                                                                                                                                                              
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                 
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                 
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                    
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                     
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                  
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                                
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                              
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"                                                                                                                                                                                           
LC_ALL=

All seems to be working well now. I don't know why it didn't read correctly when I originally had it set to just en_US.UTF-8. But now problem's solved smile

How do we mark this thread as solved?

Same here for me, I removed the ISO-8859 from my locale.gen and locale.conf, reboot and now dolphin recognize french characters.
I haved never find a solution before....thanks for sharing.

Board footer