You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-04 15:54:59

tezem
Website

compiled features of a package [e.g. openal]

I write this because I had and have sometimes troubles with packages which are not provided with the full feature set available from the authors.
For example the openal package. It doesn't come with alsa support compiled in which is at the time a very important thing I would say.
Is it not possible to generete packets with the full potential or why isn't it done by default?

#2 2005-11-04 23:52:35

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: compiled features of a package [e.g. openal]

Packages are made with a good common ground for all features.  Some features make sense, others do not.  It's up to the maintainer to figure out the best default.

I do admit, that alsa should be enabled in openal.  Go ahead and log that in the bug tracker: http://bugs.archlinux.org

#3 2005-11-05 10:26:27

tezem
Website

done, thx for reply

#4 2005-11-14 18:57:32

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

jerryvb wrote:

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but your answer doesn't answer the question. Just how do you find out what features an Arch package was built with? For instance, I'm trying to figure out what features were built into the default, current, Exim package.

You have to check the PKGBUILD.  You can do this a few ways - one is to use "abs" and check /var/abs/daemons/exim/PKGBUILD.  You can also go to the main website, and search for the package (exim), and check the PKGBUILD in cvs (it's pretty nasty actually)

Board footer