You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-03 20:04:10

thoth

upgrade and reboot with strange results

Please note everything was working happily before the reboot.  Specifically I noticed right off the bat slim did not boot.  Looking through Xorg.0.log xorg claims no screens available, and to have a few lines before that unloaded the radeon module.  My card is a ATI RS880M Radeon HD 4200 Series.  But before we go blaming the video configuration, I also noticed wifi went out as well (Atheros AR9285)

modprobe ath9k

does nothing. So I can't even network out of the machine to get some decent wgetpaste's going.    Anyone else have mass suicide of modules after the most recent release?  I'm off to a live environment to see what's wrong.

#2 2013-03-03 20:46:50

ewaller
Administrator

Re: upgrade and reboot with strange results

Ensure that the kernel name reported by uname -a matches the kernel that pacman thinks it is; find that with pacman -Qi linux

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2013-03-03 21:32:12

thoth

Re: upgrade and reboot with strange results

bah humbug, it was something like that apparently pacman had borked somewhere in the scheme of things without my noticing.  In the live environment I had hell getting the upgrade to finish as the qt4 replacement of qt did not go smoothly.  I ended up doing something like

pacman -Rdd qt
pacman -Sf qt4
pacman -Sf lib32-qt4

and then pacman -Rd and -Sf on tons more crap that gave the 'exists in filesystem' error,  I know this may have borked my system, but it is now booted and happily purring along, time to back up everything and observe for a bit.

Board footer