You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-19 07:35:41

HungGarTiger

Steam - Defenders Quest: Valley of the Forgotten wont run

I have installed adobe-air-sdk and adobe-air from the AUR, I am running a 32bit system.

I still can't get the game to run, I get these errors when I try

Failed to load installscript /home/aled/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/DefendersQuest/installscript.vdf
Game update: AppID 218410 "Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten", ProcID 7121, IP 0.0.0.0:0
/home/aled/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/DefendersQuest/run.sh: line 4: xterm: command not found
Game removed: AppID 218410 "Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten", ProcID 7121 

(steam:7023): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(steam:7023): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully

Is it possible the game just didn't install properly? Or is this something bigger?

"No sympathy for the devil. If you buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Hunter S. Thompson

#2 2013-02-19 08:12:12

jakobcreutzfeldt

Re: Steam - Defenders Quest: Valley of the Forgotten wont run

Look at the run script: it's trying to run xterm, which you don't have. Either change it to use whatever terminal you use or install xterm.

#3 2013-02-19 10:07:41

HungGarTiger

OK, I changed the script to use urxvt.

Then I got a terminal loaded to say the Adobe AIR runtime script libCore.so couldn't be found in /opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/, so I made the directory and copied over all the scripts. Still nothing though, a new couple of errors - seems it wants to use dpkg..

Failed to load installscript /home/aled/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/DefendersQuest/installscript.vdf
Game update: AppID 218410 "Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten", ProcID 9151, IP 0.0.0.0:0

(DefendersQuest:9152): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Failed to execute child process "dpkg" (No such file or directory)
Game removed: AppID 218410 "Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten", ProcID 9151

It seems the install script doesn't exist in the folder.

Last edited by HungGarTiger (2013-02-19 10:49:12)

- Hunter S. Thompson

#4 2013-02-19 10:13:05

jakobcreutzfeldt

Was a "libeggtray.so" installed with the game? If so, try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory containg the library and then running the game.

#5 2013-02-19 10:22:18

HungGarTiger

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Was a "libeggtray.so" installed with the game? If so, try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory containg the library and then running the game.

It was part of the adobe AIR runtime scripts, I copied over all the scripts rather than just one and that was the runtime issue solved. I edited my post above

- Hunter S. Thompson

#6 2013-03-03 23:59:11

jerf

I've added the information on how to run this game to the appropriate wiki page. Please consult it and mark this thread as [solved].

Board footer