You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-02 00:14:26

cfr

Help updating PKGBUILD for gnofract4d?

I wonder if anybody would be prepared to take a look at this orphaned AUR package. I've posted a comment on the package's page at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnofract4d/.

Basically, I managed to get the latest version of the package to build just by changing the checksums and adjusting the version but I would like to get the documentation to compile as well. Not only can I not get this to happen using the PKGBUILD, but I am getting a segfault attempting to compile the documentation manually using the createdocs.py script in the source tree. I don't know much about conversion of .xml to .html but I think I am missing some package(s) I would need for this to work though I cannot figure out which. However, there is a prior problem which is that the python code for generating the generated .xml documentation segfaults while (I think) creating the second document. So I end up with one file with a bunch of stuff and one empty file.

I've posted the error I'm running into along with the changes I made to the PKGBUILD script (just in case or if anybody wants it).

This is by far the best fractal generating programme I've found on Linux and better than anything I found for OS X so I would really like to get the documentation for this working if possible. I'm confused because it is complaining about a lack of display but I can't see why it should want a display just to generate docs.

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#2 2013-03-04 03:27:19

cfr

Re: Help updating PKGBUILD for gnofract4d?

This might be a docbook question. I tried reading https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Docbook and checked that I have all the packages listed installed. However, that article is only a stub. Can anybody recommend a slightly more comprehensive, but straightforward (i.e. intelligible to the non-initiates), introduction?

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Board footer