You are not logged in.

#526 2013-02-17 15:45:00

J.

Re: SpaceFM - A Customizable File Manager

Just unbind the shortcut: find it in the context menu, right-click, Key, Unset.  Then rebind to the trash plugin's 'send to trash' item.

#527 2013-02-17 18:04:35

chickenPie4tea

@J  hey thanks I didn't know you could unbind it - I feel much better now - a lot less likely to make a silly mistake.  Cant seem to bind it to the trash plugin though when If I right click on trash in the menu key is greyed out so I cant choose it.

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#528 2013-02-17 20:08:53

eruditorum

IG, I love you!

#529 2013-02-22 20:39:29

kaszak696

I think i found a small glitch. I'm using unclutter to hide mouse cursor when it's unused, but it causes it to flicker instead if the cursor is over SpaceFM window. Could it be a problem with gtk3?

'What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.' - Christopher Hitchens
'There's no such thing as addiction, there's only things that you enjoy doing more than life.' - Doug Stanhope
GitHub Junkyard

#530 2013-03-01 22:12:42

simargl
Website

Hello, is it possible to setup spacefm so when you press some letter it select file beginning with that letter, not containing it.

Example:
press G selected should become Gimp not abiGale

#531 2013-03-01 22:18:54

ninian
Website

simargl wrote:

Hello, is it possible to setup spacefm so when you press some letter it select file beginning with that letter, not containing it.

Example:
press G selected should become Gimp not abiGale

Use a regular expression:
^g
Have a look at the manual.
(Edit: Only ^ and $ regex characters are supported.)
wink

Last edited by ninian (2013-03-01 22:21:25)

#532 2013-03-01 23:05:13

simargl
Website

Thanks for you help! Unfortunately my keyboard layout is Serbian and it doesn't have ^ character.
So I would like to find what defines this in source code to make adjustments in that behaviour

Will I succeed it's doubtful, cause I'm definitely not an expert. hmm

#533 2013-03-03 12:00:50

fulmare

I have a very odd problem using regex search.
If I press capital P, it selects files upward, it works like Shift+up.
Is there something I am missing? It is not a system problem since it is the only application with this problem.
BTW, it is a great file manager, thank you very much IgnorantGuru.

#534 2013-03-04 14:09:26

IgnorantGuru
Website

simargl wrote:

Thanks for you help! Unfortunately my keyboard layout is Serbian and it doesn't have ^ character.
So I would like to find what defines this in source code to make adjustments in that behaviour

Will I succeed it's doubtful, cause I'm definitely not an expert. hmm

You might try remapping a key on your keyboard so you have caret (^) - I'm surprised that key isn't available as it's commonly used.  If you want to hack the source, you can change that key in src/ptk/ptk-file-browser.c in function folder_view_search_equal().

#535 2013-03-04 14:16:18

IgnorantGuru
Website

fulmare wrote:

I have a very odd problem using regex search.
If I press capital P, it selects files upward, it works like Shift+up.
Is there something I am missing? It is not a system problem since it is the only application with this problem.
BTW, it is a great file manager, thank you very much IgnorantGuru.

Thanks for your feedback.  That is indeed an odd problem.  Shift+P with focus on the file list should simply open the find-as-you-type search box with a 'P' in it at the lower right of the panel.  You might see if Shift+P was accidentally assigned to something else (you can do this by attempting to assign it to something), though I don't see how it could behave as Shift+Up in any case.

To rule out a configuration problem, test with a fresh config:

killall spacefm
spacefm -c /tmp/spacefm-test

#536 2013-03-04 14:20:18

IgnorantGuru
Website

kaszak696 wrote:

I think i found a small glitch. I'm using unclutter to hide mouse cursor when it's unused, but it causes it to flicker instead if the cursor is over SpaceFM window. Could it be a problem with gtk3?

I'm not familiar with unclutter but you could try the gtk2 build to see if the problem clears.  If it does, you should probably report this to unclutter as a gtk3-related bug.  You might also verify your gtk3 theme is not responsible.  SpaceFM doesn't do much with the cursor.

#537 2013-03-05 06:26:36

eruditorum

First problem I've found in SpaceFM is that key-letter combinations (eg. Ctrl+C) work only on english keymap. sad
This is not very comfortable when you often [re]name files/directories and/or copy/move them.

Last edited by eruditorum (2013-03-05 06:28:02)

#538 2013-03-05 14:26:04

IgnorantGuru
Website

eruditorum wrote:

First problem I've found in SpaceFM is that key-letter combinations (eg. Ctrl+C) work only on english keymap. sad
This is not very comfortable when you often [re]name files/directories and/or copy/move them.

Thanks for the report - please see issue 57.  You can assign any key combo to any menu item, including Copy.

#539 2013-03-05 23:47:35

slickvguy

I have been using spacefm for quite some time yet cannot successfully apply any GTK themes. I have tried everything I know, but there is no theme applied. For example, if I change the theme to Industrial, Firefox and all other applications will apply the theme - except for SpaceFM! The theme name gets changed as it should in ~/.gtkrc-2.0. I've tried running spacefm from the terminal (no error messages). I've tried manually setting the envvar GTK2_RC_FILES. I've put GTK2_RC_FILES in .xinitrc. I have GTK2, GTK3, gtk-engines, and gtk-engine-murrine installed. I am just using arch w/ openbox (no gnome or kde). When I change the openbox theme via obconfig, it will change the color of the titlebar, for example. But things like the tabs, the scrollbars, menus, etc., etc., never change. I believe NO theme is being applied.

I've read the arch wikis. Searched the forums. Everything seems right, it should be a very simple thing, yet I cannot get the themes to change in spacefm. Perhaps a conflict of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by slickvguy (2013-03-05 23:49:17)

#540 2013-03-05 23:54:47

anonymous_user

Remember that the SpaceFM in Arch's community repo is GTK3-based now. You need a GTK3 theme such as Adwaita (from gnome-themes-standard). Theres also more choices in the AUR such as xfce-theme-greybird or xfce-theme-bluebird.

#541 2013-03-06 00:16:39

slickvguy

anonymous_user wrote:

Remember that the SpaceFM in Arch's community repo is GTK3-based now. You need a GTK3 theme such as Adwaita (from gnome-themes-standard). Theres also more choices in the AUR such as xfce-theme-greybird or xfce-theme-bluebird.

Yes, you are right. Thank you. That was the problem. Yeesh! The documentation for SpaceFM referred mainly to GTK2, and all of my themes in /usr/share/themes were either openbox-3 and/or gtk-2.0. I didn't realize that just because it CAN use gtk-3.0 that they HAVE to be (not backward compatible?). The other apps (like Firefox, Thunderbird, Gedit,...) all use the gtk2 themes. Weird.

Anyway. Thanks again. I'll go grab some gtk3 themes. The only reason I care is because without a theme, it's very difficult to tell which is the currently selected tab.

#542 2013-03-06 08:47:23

chickenPie4tea

how do you make a symlink to a folder?
If I rightclick and choose new link - it only seems to want to let me link to a particular file

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#543 2013-03-06 12:12:17

fabertawe

chickenPie4tea wrote:

how do you make a symlink to a folder?
If I rightclick and choose new link - it only seems to want to let me link to a particular file

It works here. Also, try left-click-drag, hold down CTRL+SHIFT, release and rename.

Ryzen 9 5950X, X570S Aorus Pro AX, RX 6600, Arch x86_64

#544 2013-03-06 13:29:09

zeltak

Hya ignorantguru

how are you?

ever since the git update a few days ago i have a weird thing going. i have lots of quick change dir custom commands which i assign to key binds. IE

spacefm -r /home/zeltak/Downloads  is assigned to Shift-Ctrl-d etc

since the last update instead of changing dir the above keybinds launch another spacefm instance. i have ~20 of these binds for different directories but they all stoped working, any idea why?

also, would you mind giving me an example of how one would use the new socket command to toggle the sort mode (IE toggle by name ), i cant seem to find it in the documenation

best and thx alot

Z

#545 2013-03-06 17:09:21

lutyj

Hello.
Is it possible to use arrow keys to select files in the list?
I think it used to work before, but now it doesn't (I may be wrong, though).

upd: now it works again, weird

Last edited by lutyj (2013-03-06 18:13:36)

#546 2013-03-06 22:49:18

IgnorantGuru
Website

zeltak wrote:

spacefm -r /home/zeltak/Downloads  is assigned to Shift-Ctrl-d etc

since the last update instead of changing dir the above keybinds launch another spacefm instance. i have ~20 of these binds for different directories but they all stoped working, any idea why?

Another instance or merely another window?  Does 'ps -C spacefm' report multiple instances?  I can't reproduce this in 29ac070b56.

The socket behavior of spacefm recently changed in git.  It could be you have an older instance running from before your upgrade.  Try 'killall spacefm'.

also, would you mind giving me an example of how one would use the new socket command to toggle the sort mode (IE toggle by name ), i cant seem to find it in the documenation

There aren't specifics on this in the manual but you can see the usage in 'spacefm -s help' - they are set and read (get) like any other socket property.

spacefm -s set sort_by size
spacefm -s set sort_by name
spacefm -s set sort_ascend false
spacefm -s set sort_natural true
spacefm -s set sort_first folders
spacefm -s get sort_natural

#547 2013-03-07 01:07:54

zeltak

Hya again

yes its another window not another instance sorry. here is a short screencast of what happens:

http://paste.xinu.at/ceQS1M/

also i have updated from git now and restarted pc and it still does it.

thx

Z

#548 2013-03-07 02:41:56

IgnorantGuru
Website

zeltak wrote:

Hya again

yes its another window not another instance sorry. here is a short screencast of what happens:

http://paste.xinu.at/ceQS1M/

also i have updated from git now and restarted pc and it still does it.

thx

Z

Please subscribe to this issue and provide the requested info - thanks.

#549 2013-03-11 21:50:27

Andevellicus

Hi,
I just installed SpaceFM, and I was excited to start using it, however I'm running into a strange problem. For some reason I can't click on the global menu bar with my mouse. If I hit the Alt key the menu items become underlined, but if I hit the respective letters (ie, 'F' for File), nothing happens. If I move away and do something else, SpaceFM will randomly take back window focus and start opening menu items. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried the git version, nothing really seems to help....

I'm running Openbox 3.5 with Conky and nitrogen to manage my wallpapers.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks guys.

#550 2013-03-14 15:46:03

nierro

Hi! I may have found a bug: in the "design mode", in the menu of the "leftmost tool icon", i can't add "back menu" and "forward menu": they show no submenu when clicked. (http://postimage.org/image/e5os2v0m5/)

And, a little feature request: a little option to have the devices toolbar autoshowing when a new disk is mounted/plugged in.
EDIT: sorry, i forgot: i'm using latest spacefm-gtk2 from aur.

Last edited by nierro (2013-03-14 15:46:52)

Board footer