You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-06 00:05:31

Sicariuxs

Problem with xcompmgr and i3 window manager

Hey guys,

Had a hard time trying to search for this problem. and nothing came up for the exact problem I was having. Anyways this is my problem. with xcompmgr is that it doesn't seem to be refreshing or something. it leaves trails of previous windows for some reason. not sure why. Anyone have this problem or someone know how to fix it??!?

Here is a link to show you what i mean.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2nlaghy.jpg

Thanks in advance for your kind and prompt attention.

Sincerely,
Sicariuxs

#2 2013-03-06 00:50:37

WonderWoofy

Re: Problem with xcompmgr and i3 window manager

Wow psychadelic!

I found xcompmgr to be rather buggy when I used to use it. Try xcompmgr-dana (dcompmgr I think)  or Compton. I used to use Compton and it worked pretty well.

I stopped using real transparency in favor of pseudo-transparency because I sometimes use the tabbed mode on multiple terminals... tell me how awesome it is to read three terminals stacked on each other smile

#3 2013-03-06 06:18:14

Sicariuxs

Hey thanks for the reply!! But sadly I tried both of those suggestions after i read your post and am still having the same problem. hmmm I wonder what it could be!! could it be something to do with Xorg as well?!?! am i supposed to do something?!?! or should they just both work right out of the box?!?

#4 2013-03-06 06:24:30

WonderWoofy

How are you starting your compositor? I vaguely remember having issues when I started it too early. So I had to slap in a "sleep 10" hack. This isnjust a total shot in the dark though.

#5 2013-03-06 06:58:08

Sicariuxs

I put it in my ~/.i3/config file, and yeah i had to do the same thing for compiz or else the composting would get all out of wack. But i tried starting compton manual after everything was way beyond loading, and i still got the same problem unfortunately.

Board footer