You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-06 08:14:41

bleomycin

hdmi sound works with TV, not receiver (works fine in windows/ubuntu)

Hi everyone,

I've been pulling my hair out for about 8 hours now, finally decided to post. I have my htpc connected to a new pioneer sc-65 receiver and cannot get any sound working via hdmi at all. To make sure it wasn't a hardware problem i've tested with both ubuntu 12.10 and windows 7, both work just fine out of the box. My arch setup also works fine when plugged directly into the TV via hdmi, just not to the receiver (ubuntu/windows work fine with the receiver).

speaker-test -D plughw:0,3 -c 2

and

aplay -D plughw:0,3 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

play fine to the tv, nothing on the receiver, no errors either way, just no sound.

Output of aplay -l

aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

I've tried every combination of power cycling the devices, power cycling receiver while playing back audio, etc. I was running just ALSA and decided to install pulseaudio out of desperation, still no luck. Hardware is i3-2120T on intel DH61AG motherboard. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 2013-03-06 22:02:14

the sad clown

Re: hdmi sound works with TV, not receiver (works fine in windows/ubuntu)

Have you tried looking at the config files from a ubuntu livecd and comparing them with your arch install since it works there?

I laugh, yet the joke is on me

#3 2013-03-07 21:04:31

bleomycin

Re: hdmi sound works with TV, not receiver (works fine in windows/ubuntu)

Thanks for the reply sad clown, i haven't really been able to figure out the cause. Optical audio does not work either, even with an external sound card, so it must be some type of configuration problem, but i'll probably never figure it out. I'm back to using onboard analog audio which just sucks...I always end up with the strangest unsolvable problems that no one else ever seems to have lol.

Board footer