You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-07 23:53:51

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

[Filled Request] Speech and Debate Timekeeper

Hey everyone, I'm trying to put together a package for this, as it is not available through the official repos or on the AUR yet. If using the pre-compiled source, it's a piece of cake to set up, but I'm trying to build from source as I know it is preferred.

The PKGBUILD, as it currently stands, is below. makepkg -s fails due to build errors. I believe this is due to one of the dependencies (superWaba?) not being present. The problem is, I do not know where, nor how, to get it or compile it. I know one of the other errors that causes a failed build is due to the build.xml included with the source using some odd default folder destinations, and I'm working on fixing that as well.

# Maintainer: <samuel.stuewe@gmail.com>

pkgname=timekeeper
pkgver=2.4.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A Java-based timekeeping utility for speech and debate."
arch=('any')
url="http://debate-ie-timer.sourceforge.net/"
license=('GPL')
depends=('jdk7-openjdk'
	 'apache-ant')
source=("http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/debate-ie-timer/debate-ie-timekeeper/Speech%20and%20Debate%20Timekeeper%20${pkgver}/${pkgname}-${pkgver}-src.zip")
sha256sums=('a8e17e656c1b53d0c9c16fd43cdb5faff8e02d53f898a919d9b8962b1a468933')

build() {
	cd ${srcdir}
	ant
}

package() {
	install -d "${pkgdir}/usr/share"
	cp -r "${srcdir}/Timekeeper" "${pkgdir}/usr/share/"
	find ${pkgdir} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
	find ${pkgdir} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
	find ${pkgdir} -type f -name "timekeeper" -exec chmod 755 {} \;
	install -D -m755 "${srcdir}/${pkgname}" "${pkgdir}/usr/bin/${pkgname}"
	install -D -m755 "${srcdir}/Speech and Debate Timekeeper.desktop" "${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications/${pkgname}.desktop"
	install -D -m755 "${srcdir}/Timekeeper/icons/Timekeeper64x64.png" "${pkgdir}/usr/share/pixmaps/${pkgname}.png"
}

If anyone can help me fix it, or supply a better-written one, it would be much appreciated. The source zip cited in the PKGBUILD includes all licenses and relevant info, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.

All the best,

-HG

Last edited by HalosGhost (2013-03-08 14:50:13)

#2 2013-03-08 14:49:43

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: [Filled Request] Speech and Debate Timekeeper

Minor necro-post, but the purpose is to close the thread anyway. It looks as though someone more versed in these things than myself managed to figure it out.

Thread marked as solved.

All the best,

-HG

Board footer