You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-06 17:05:05

jordank

Flash Crashing

I have been having issue with the flash plugin crashing frequently on my 64bit arch install in all browsers. I have an Nvidia gtx 260
with the latest proprietary drivers and the following relevant packages

lib32-flashplugin10 - from the aur, I tested this today and it removed the normal flash package
lib32-libvdpau
libvdpau

I edited '/etc/adobe/mms.cfg' to make sure EnableLinuxHWVifroDecode=1

I ran firefox from a terminal and this is the output that I got when flash crashed

WARNING: pipe error (90): Connection reset by peer: file /build/src/mozilla-release/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 431
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
plugin-container: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

What can I try to do to get rid of this issue? Do I need to give any more information on my setup? I would really like to be able to watch flash videos without having to use my
windows vm.

Thanks

#2 2013-03-06 22:33:55

thesystematic

Re: Flash Crashing

Does the error occur for both the 32 and 64 bit versions? Do they differ  at all?

#3 2013-03-07 03:18:09

jordank

I removed the lib32-flashplugin and reinstalled the 64bit flashplugin from the main repo and I got a different but similar error. It seems to be something with the X server?

[xcb] Extra reply data still left in queue
[xcb] This is most likely caused by a broken X extension library
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
plugin-container: xcb_io.c:575: _XReply: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_extra_reply_data_left' failed.

I searched pacman and found that I have this package. This seems to be a dependency for kdebase-workspace. Do you think its the culprit?

extra/xcb-util-image 0.3.9-1 [installed]
    Utility libraries for XC Binding - Port of Xlib's XImage and XShmImage functions

#4 2013-03-08 10:09:10

Narga
Website

I got this problem too, it's always crash.
I've install 32 bit flashplugin and tried many old version (back to v10) but still happened

#5 2013-03-08 13:30:24

zacariaz

I ahve this issue too. Haven't had issues for a long time, but now it's incredible unstable.

I've had other issues too, that could suggest that the proprietary Nvidia driver has issues, but those issues seem to be solved now.

I do have lib32 flash and nvidia installed. I'll try to mess about with it a bit and return with any significant results.

I am a philosopher, of sorts, not a troll or an imbecile.
My apologies that this is not always obvious, despite my best efforts.

#6 2013-03-09 04:40:01

Narga
Website

Hmm, I fixed this problem, I've installed syslog-ng then found plugin-container can't found libfreetype2.so.6. I guess this is the cause because I installed freetype2-infinality< instead freetype2 to improve the theme of xfce4.
I reversed it then flash working like charm!

#7 2013-03-15 21:52:12

zacariaz

I played around with it for a bit and final found a solution, though not a general solution I'm afraid.

All I had to do was to edit
/etc/adobe/mms.cfg
and to comment out
EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

I suppose disabling hardware acceleration by setting it to zero would have the same effect.

I should mention that HWAcc have been working without issues for quite some time and just recently started acting up.

I am a philosopher, of sorts, not a troll or an imbecile.
My apologies that this is not always obvious, despite my best efforts.

Board footer