You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-16 02:27:43

hooya

Kernel broken. Pacman errors with PGP sig [solved]

I had the unlucky situation to have a power failure in the middle of a Kernel upgrade using Pacman. System came back up and the kernel was not installed. So I have NO working OS on the machine.

I can boot into a live USB environment and chroot into my install. I can run Pacman, and thought I could just pacman -S linux and let it do it's thing and I'd be all good. but... I get package signature PGP verification error message and cannot install anything with Pacman.
Of course, the error with the Kernel install happened before Daylight savings time, and now we're INTO DST, so I suspect it's a "time" issue as reported on the Wiki.

timedatectl will not work in the chroot environment. Can't connect to dbus. I am totally migrated to a systemd install, but systemctl enable dbus.service does not start the dbus from within the chroot environment.So I cannot even see if my chroot environment is on the right time. 'cal' works and shows the proper date, which I can change in the BIOS to whatever I want.

running ntpd first doesn't fix the error with Pacman.

Any ideas?

Last edited by hooya (2013-03-16 20:02:35)

#2 2013-03-16 03:07:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Kernel broken. Pacman errors with PGP sig [solved]

Disable package signing in your pacman.conf.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2013-03-16 03:54:55

hooya

I tried that and didn't work either, because there were files left behind in the initial installation that was broken. Even after removing them I got disk spacer errors (there was no disk space issue, so that's weird).

I did get it finally though. I ended up using the initial pacstrap install script to install the base packages as per the Beginner Install Guide (and selected only option 26 "Linux") which did work, probably because it was operating from outside of the chroot environment. A bit "hacky" but I'm at least typing this message from my normal installation this time!

#4 2013-03-16 03:57:32

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Good to hear.

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer