You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-16 08:56:12

rayeshman

How I can report old packages in repos??

Hi big_smile
Seamonkey in Community repo is the old version(2.16.1-1) so i can't install many addons and I don't know how to report this!
Thanks a lot!

#2 2013-03-16 09:02:49

Awebb

Re: How I can report old packages in repos??

There is an out-of-date feature on the packages page on archlinux.org/packages.

EDIT: The package has already been flagged. Go look for yourself, though.

Last edited by Awebb (2013-03-16 09:03:41)

#3 2013-03-16 16:06:21

ewaller
Administrator

You can also patch the PKGBUILD and build your own package.  If that works,submit the patch in the comments of the AUR package for others to use.
If the maintainer does nothing, you can try to contact them by mail.  If there is no response, you can post a disown request to the AUR mail list in which you will note that you tried to contact the maintainer and that they had not responded within a defined amount of time.  At that point, a TU will set the package state to disowned,and you may take ownershipstewardship of the package.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2013-03-16 16:31:00

Scimmia
Fellow

ewaller, the OP is talking about a package in Community, not the AUR.

rayeshman, it's only been a few days since the newer version came out. Give the maintainer some time. Seamonkey was already dropped from Extra to Community because none of the devs had any interest in it, and even in Community it seems to not be a top priority.

#5 2013-03-16 16:35:37

ewaller
Administrator

Scimmia wrote:

ewaller, the OP is talking about a package in Community, not the AUR..

Missed that big_smile  Good catch.

The rest of your advice is quite sound.  Give the TU some time, they work their tails off for free and generally do a great job.

OP:  You can still obtain the package from abs and patch it yourself.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2013-03-16 17:50:12

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

ewaller wrote:

Give the TU some time, they work their tails off for free and generally do a great job.

Actually we just laze around the Arch Linux tropical resort sipping exotic drinks and occasionally wade in the pool. When you click the flag out-of-date button, the bartender gives the responsible TU a red cocktail umbrella instead of a green one so he knows to update his package during his next massage session. I for one actually find it quite relaxing to watch the gcc output fly past as I get a full body massage. Those padded tables with faceholes are ingenious!

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

Board footer