You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-22 15:00:17

rabarrett

Udisks and udisk-glue -- How to set up with awesome wm?

Hi,

I'm trying to get my optical drives and USB drives to automount (running awesome wm launched with SLiM).

Based on this link:  http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Automounting
I've decided to try to do it with udisks and udisk-glue.

1)  I have a relatively new arch install that has udisks2, do I need to do anything different because of that?
2)  I understand that I need to make a udisk-glue.conf file (according to the link above)
    (a) Where do I put it?  (which directory)
    (b) Should I make any changes to this version?

filter disks {
          optical = false
          partition_table = false
          usage = filesystem
 }
 match disks {
          automount = true
          automount_options = sync
          post_mount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"USB:\", text =\"mounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
          post_unmount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"USB:\", text =\"unmounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
 }
 filter optical {
         optical = true
 }
 match optical {
         automount = true
         automount_options = ro
         post_mount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"CD-Rom:\", text =\"mounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
         post_mount_command = "echo \'udisks_glue:mount_device(\"%device_file\",\"%mount_point\",\"Cdrom\")\' | awesome-client"
         post_unmount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"CD-Rom:\", text =\"unmounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
 }

Thank you for your advice!

#2 2013-03-22 17:35:04

anonymous_user

Re: Udisks and udisk-glue -- How to set up with awesome wm?

I believe udisks-glue needs udisks not udisks2. As for the configuration, have you checked the manpage for udisks-glue?

As an alternative, you could try devmon (part of the udevil package).

Board footer