You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-23 03:28:49

calble

Bluetooth Headset Woes

Hello,

I have been trying to get my Bluetooth headset working with my machine.  So far I have been able to get it to work with ALSA by configuring my .asoundrc file and using the -ao alsa:device=bt_hw on mplayer.  My trouble starts when I try to get it to work with pulse audio.  When I connect the headset as just an audio sink it does not show up as an output device at all.  But when I connect to it as a headset my LG HBS730 headset is seen by pulse audio.  If I try to play music with mplayer test.mp3 audio just goes to the built-in audio device. 

If I play around with the configuration tab in pavcontrol and set the headset profile to Telephony Duplex (HSP/HFP) and try to play music with mplayer I get a repeated error "Audio device got stuck!" from mplayer.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to correct this problem?

#2 2013-03-23 03:45:12

illusionist

Re: Bluetooth Headset Woes

That is strange. I have a nokia bh501i headset and it works flawlessly with pulseaudio. How exactly are you trying to pair your headset with system ?  I use blueman-manager and then select "A2DP" profile.

Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
@github

#3 2013-03-23 05:00:59

calble

If I pair the headset and select a2dp it works through mplayer with -ao, but it does not show up in pulse audio at all.

#4 2013-03-23 10:07:06

illusionist

There is no need to use "-ao" flag for mplayer. Again how are you pairing your headset ?  If you configure it correctly everything works just like a wired headset. Remove any relevant configuration you have in your "asound.conf". Start pulseaudio, untrust and remove your device. Stop bluetooth service then enable again and pair your headset with blueman. Read this wiki section:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pu … SB_headset

Bluetooth headsets work fine on arch, so it is just a matter of right configuration.

Last edited by illusionist (2013-03-23 10:08:29)

Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
@github

Board footer