You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-30 04:10:10

pablox
Website

Boot freezes after clean install

I installed arch on my new desktop pc a couple of days. It was working fine until I tried to install fglxr. I run into a lot of problems, so I decided to make a new install.

After rebooting for the first time, my new system was working fine, after installing linux-pf and xorg-server and some other packages, I rebooted to make sure to install the catalyst drivers on the new kernel, but I found it freezes with no error after it says:

Loading linux image...
Loading intird image...

I've removed quiet kernel parameter and I've tried with debug and verbose, but I don't get any error.

I also (of course) tried to boot in to the "core" kernel, but the problem it's the same.

I've been trying for hours to do all sort of stuff, rebuilding the images, checking the paths to the kernel it's fine, ecc.

I'm really lost, because now my system has only the base stuff and I haven't changed any files :(

Geeks & Linux Atelier
An eye for an eye ... ends in making everybody blind -- Mahatma Gandhi
dotfiles

#2 2013-03-31 15:31:24

pablox
Website

Re: Boot freezes after clean install

Ok, I've been trying to debug this and the behaviour is REALLY weird, I've found that if I load the system directly from grub (I'm using uefi), it's get stuck with no errors after:

Loading Linux pf kernel ...
Loading initial ramdisk  ...

BUT, if I run refind first, and then I load grub; the system starts. I would have think it's some kind of grub2 bug, but I don't understand how it could work after loading refind. Any clues?

Geeks & Linux Atelier
An eye for an eye ... ends in making everybody blind -- Mahatma Gandhi
dotfiles

Board footer