You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-30 08:03:47

jameschyn

razor-qt has no icons.

I've just installed razor-qt, and found it has no icons at all in panel and configure center.

There's no icon in icon manager too.

How can I solve this? Or I should wait the next release?

#2 2013-03-30 14:24:25

Multimoon

Re: razor-qt has no icons.

Through what method did you install Razor-QT? I had it installed once apon a time on a old desktop machine for a friend.

It always makes me laugh when people complain and rage over any distro's management ideal, when this is a linux community, and you could always make your own distro and experience the pains yourself.

#3 2013-03-30 14:35:57

jameschyn

Of course pacman -S razor-qt.

I remember sometime ago I installed razor-qt 0.5, and only icons in configure center cannot be showed, but this time, all icons gone!

#4 2013-03-30 14:45:32

Multimoon

Ah now here is where I'm confused. Razor-qt is not in the official repos, it resides in the AUR. Did you install it via a tool such as yaourt? If you can't remember, try installing it via pacman, and it should return that it does not exist. I just tried to confirm, it is not in the official repos.
I may go out on a limb here, but if pacman installs the package, then paste this please:

cat /etc/pacman.conf

FYI: Razor-qt is still in heavy development, it may still have bugs with every release. Depending on who maintains the package, they could have updated it to a broken version, though we can still probably fix the icons.

Last edited by Multimoon (2013-03-30 14:46:39)

It always makes me laugh when people complain and rage over any distro's management ideal, when this is a linux community, and you could always make your own distro and experience the pains yourself.

#5 2013-03-30 15:10:42

jameschyn

Hi, guys. I installed it from archlinuxcn.org. It is an AUR mirror in China, since I in China have low speed connecting to other AUR.

I just found a very strange thing. I installed KDE, and start razor-qt. Every icon has appear. Maybe there is some error on this ?

#6 2013-03-30 15:15:45

Multimoon

It's possible that the mirror packaged it incorrectly, and since both razor-qt and KDE are QT based, they could use a similar icon set. As long as it works for you, then its good.

#7 2013-03-31 03:02:08

jameschyn

After install OXYGENICONS, icons in razor have appeared.

But, icons on desktop still can't be clicked. Maybe it is a bug in development?

#8 2013-03-31 13:47:10

Multimoon

It is highly possible, Razor-QT is still in it's early beta. It's at 0.5 I believe. You could try to download it via the US AUR, last time I checked it works from there, or you could submit a bug report.

#9 2013-05-25 04:34:41

madeye
Website

It might be a little late, but I ran into a similar problem where there was no icon displayed with nm-applet and razor-qt.
I was able to solve it by installing the network-manager-applet-gtk2 from aur.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/netw … plet-gtk2/

This could indicate a problem with gtk3 perhaps?

(btw. I have KDE installed, and this did not give me my icon with the official nm-applet.)

MadEye | Registered Linux user #167944 since 2000-02-28 | Homepage

Board footer