You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-03 01:49:14

tmccaffery

[SOLVED]getting permission denied

I put this in command line

/mnt/EFI/boot /dev/sda1 vfat rw,flush,tz=UTC

I'm getting a permission error

Last edited by tmccaffery (2013-04-04 10:04:40)

#2 2013-04-03 02:10:35

drcouzelis
Website

Re: [SOLVED]getting permission denied

What is the "/mnt/EFI/boot" command? What is it supposed to do?

At which step are you at in the Beginner's Guide?

#3 2013-04-03 10:50:52

tmccaffery

In the Beginners Guide, it mentions if you have a UEFI Motherboard to go here

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Un … n_in_Linux

#4 2013-04-03 11:08:54

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Which part of that article does that command come from?  I searched the whole page, there is nothing that resembles what you claimed to run on the command line - nothing.

Which step are you at? What do you mean you "put" that in command line, do you mean as an actual command at a prompt, in the kernel line, in a config file, on a notecard shoved in a toaster?  What is the actual error output?  What did you expect the command to do (repeat of drcouzelis's question)?  What is that command (repeat of drcouzelis's question)?

You're going to need to be a lot more forethcoming if you have any hope of getting anywhere with this.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2013-04-03 12:39:03

opt1mus
Website

The only part of the page you referenced - that I can find pertaining to the bizarre command you wrote - is the section describing how you'd find the device path for the UEFI System Partition. If that's the case you need to make sure you read the guides very carefully, as (in that specific use case) the command is thus;

# findmnt /boot/efi

Minus the # of course, as this is to denote that you are logged in as root.

The command you say you wrote into the terminal is in fact the type of output you'd expect from writing the aforementioned command. Having said all this, if you're writing nonsense to the terminal expecting results I think you should start from scratch, or at least double check what it is that you wish to achieve, as that section is for gummiboot which now has its own installer.

#6 2013-04-03 13:29:51

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Ah that output does look like the attempted command.  But even there, it should not be /mnt/boot/efi, just /boot/efi, which would indicate that this is being done from the live environment rather than from a chroot.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer