You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-05 05:45:19

unixsolo

mkinitcpio generates image without essential libraries

I'm stuck with a problem of initramfs image creation. It has happened just one of these days after a regular kernel update.
I've noticed that when I build initramfs image (x86_64, default kernel) with mkinitcpio, image is broken because it lacks a series of essential libraries in /usr/lib such as libc, libkmod, libmount etc. The linux package is not to be blamed for sure, neither, it seems, is mkinitcpio package, because it was only updated on Jan 31 2013 and since then I managed to build several working initramfs images. Something else has happened to the system preventing from building a correct initramfs-linux.img, and I can't guess what it is. Has anyone run to the same problem? Any ideas?

Last edited by unixsolo (2013-04-05 07:01:22)

#2 2013-04-05 07:33:37

unixsolo

Re: mkinitcpio generates image without essential libraries

I found the cause of the problem - it was Firebird DBMS installation. The install script deleted symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib and created a directory with the same name with symlinks to firebird libs in /opt/firebird/lib. So I advise Firebird developers pay attention to this issue.

Last edited by unixsolo (2013-04-05 07:40:54)

#3 2013-04-05 07:47:32

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

That's a very bad 'bug', in fact it seems malicious to me to redirect /usr/lib64. You should add a big warning note on the AUR page.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2013-04-05 07:55:20

unixsolo

I used Firebird install script from there own *.tar.gz package, not a Firebird PKGBUILD from AUR, 'cause firebird-superclassic from AUR is outdated already.

Board footer