You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-26 20:50:04

Gullible Jones

trackball performs double, triple clicks when I click once

I have an A4 Tech trackball that's been acting up for a while. You see, whenever I click one of the buttons, the action performed is a double or even triple click.  This happens on both Windows (using the drivers supplied with the trackball) and Linux, and I've gotten the same results on at least 3 different machines.

I thought maybe it was a case of worn-out switches, but I'm not sure... Because the multiple-clicking occurs on all three of the trackballs buttons.

Anyway, I haven't used this trackball in a while, but I liked it a lot better than the mouse I'm using now. So I'm wondering, what sort of problem is this? Could be something other than screwy switches?

(I hope it isn't the switches, because I don't have any around that could replace the ones in the trackball.)

#2 2005-11-27 10:27:46

paranoos

Re: trackball performs double, triple clicks when I click once

i had this problem with my logitech trackball, actually. i opened up the thing and gave it a thorough cleaning... got rid of any dust, and used rubbing alcohol on the buttons, and put it back together. worked like a charm.

#3 2005-11-27 12:07:18

Gullible Jones

Re: trackball performs double, triple clicks when I click once

Ahh... Dust probably does that. I'll try that at some point, the sooner the better.

Board footer