You are not logged in.

#176 2005-11-27 17:56:21

stonecrest
Member
From: Boulder
Registered: 2005-01-22
Posts: 1,190

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

fvwm.

t_fvwm_blue.jpg


I am a gated community.

Offline

#177 2005-11-27 20:43:33

atze
Member
From: Netherlands (Leiden)
Registered: 2005-10-22
Posts: 76
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

pressh wrote:
Cam wrote:

Also what GTK theme are you using? Is that one of the cairo ones?

Yup, it is caligula-sketchy, part of cairo-gtk-engine (in AUR) he uses

any idea how to use cairo?

Offline

#178 2005-11-27 22:14:42

dtw
Forum Fellow
From: UK
Registered: 2004-08-03
Posts: 4,432
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

stonecrest wrote:

fvwm.

t_fvwm_blue.jpg

Is that pypanel with an mpd plugin?  I am now DEFINITELY swicthing to fvwm - as soon as I have time - I have wanted to forever but still have not found time sad

Offline

#179 2005-11-27 22:15:50

dtw
Forum Fellow
From: UK
Registered: 2004-08-03
Posts: 4,432
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Mr Green wrote:
rezza wrote:

Just switched back to Arch. Openbox 3.3rc2, rox, torsmo, pympc.

Woaahhh!  8)

Indeed smile

Offline

#180 2005-11-28 02:05:41

Cron0
Member
Registered: 2005-01-25
Posts: 12

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

LudoTheGreat wrote:

Xfce-svn My own build this time. No different than shadowshand's pkgs though.

How did you compile XFCE-svn ? Any guides out there?

I'm trying to build the PKGBUILD I've found on the forums but it gives me errors randomly.

TIA
cron0

Offline

#181 2005-11-28 02:19:44

stonecrest
Member
From: Boulder
Registered: 2005-01-22
Posts: 1,190

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

dibblethewrecker wrote:
stonecrest wrote:

fvwm.

t_fvwm_blue.jpg

Is that pypanel with an mpd plugin?  I am now DEFINITELY swicthing to fvwm - as soon as I have time - I have wanted to forever but still have not found time sad

Nope, the panel is all pure fvwm (FvwmButtons and FvwmScripts, to be exact).


I am a gated community.

Offline

#182 2005-11-28 02:23:32

mezoko
Member
Registered: 2005-03-26
Posts: 310
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Stonecrest that is one hell of a desktop to bad I don't have time to play with fvwm so I'll keep my good ole xfce4-svn.
Unless if you want to do everything for me!


"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline

#183 2005-11-28 03:21:48

stonecrest
Member
From: Boulder
Registered: 2005-01-22
Posts: 1,190

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

msg43, you can find a lot of ready-to-go configs for fvwm. They might take a little bit of tweaking to become perfect for your computer but the basic idea is you download someone's tar.gz and untar it as ~/.fvwm. There are also some fvwm suites like Fvwm-Crystal or fvwm-themes (in AUR) that are pre-made and allow you to pick what you want.

Anyway,  my config is available here and there are a ton more configs right here.


I am a gated community.

Offline

#184 2005-11-28 17:09:46

stavrosg
Member
From: Rhodes, Greece
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 330
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Cron0 wrote:
LudoTheGreat wrote:

Xfce-svn My own build this time. No different than shadowshand's pkgs though.

How did you compile XFCE-svn ? Any guides out there?

I'm trying to build the PKGBUILD I've found on the forums but it gives me errors randomly.

TIA
cron0

You can always use Shadowhand's packages. They are always up2date. Or just the PKGBUILDs.
I recommend the packages, though, since the spare cpu cycles can be put to some better use, like Folding@home smile

Offline

#185 2005-11-28 17:58:23

Cron0
Member
Registered: 2005-01-25
Posts: 12

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

stavrosg wrote:
Cron0 wrote:
LudoTheGreat wrote:

Xfce-svn My own build this time. No different than shadowshand's pkgs though.

How did you compile XFCE-svn ? Any guides out there?

I'm trying to build the PKGBUILD I've found on the forums but it gives me errors randomly.

TIA
cron0

You can always use Shadowhand's packages. They are always up2date. Or just the PKGBUILDs.
I recommend the packages, though, since the spare cpu cycles can be put to some better use, like Folding@home smile

Yeah that's what I found earlier yesterday and they're working GREAT!
Only thing is that they don't install gnome/gtk stuff so I was left with no GTK theming, no icons, etc.... Only thing I could think of is to install gnome completely to make sure I have everything XFCE requires/needs to look good.

Regards,
cron0

Offline

#186 2005-11-29 05:28:51

ozar
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2005-02-18
Posts: 1,681

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

screenshot15yy.th.png

I like them clean and simple...

Fvwm, with "cold day on mars" wallpaper (via feh),
conky system monitor, thumbnails are two instances
of rox-filer, one firefox, and one scite text editor.


oz

Offline

#187 2005-11-29 09:07:32

shadowhand
Member
From: MN, USA
Registered: 2004-02-19
Posts: 1,142
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

r3con_112905_thumb.jpg

Xfce-svn. Showing Thunar, Orage (xfcalendar), Eterm (screen/irssi).

GTK2 theme is Jet, icons are Gant (of course). Wallpaper from somewhere on DeviantArt.


·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Offline

#188 2005-11-29 11:53:32

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

That is freaking amazing.

Offline

#189 2005-11-29 15:17:09

banana989
Member
Registered: 2004-06-03
Posts: 60

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

What is the difference between xfce/xfce-svn that people are posting here? It looks great !

Offline

#190 2005-11-29 17:13:48

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

shadowhand wrote:

r3con_112905_thumb.jpg

Xfce-svn. Showing Thunar, Orage (xfcalendar), Eterm (screen/irssi).

GTK2 theme is Jet, icons are Gant (of course). Wallpaper from somewhere on DeviantArt.

Very nice screenshot - where do you get your gtk themes from, out of curiosity?

Offline

#191 2005-11-29 17:19:30

shadowhand
Member
From: MN, USA
Registered: 2004-02-19
Posts: 1,142
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Thanks for the love all!

banana989 wrote:

What is the difference between xfce/xfce-svn that people are posting here? It looks great !

Xfce-svn is the next generation of Xfce (currently considered unstable), what will become Xfce 4.4.

@phrakture: I think that one came from gnome-look.org. I use gnome-look, xfce-look, and art.gnome.org on occasion.


·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Offline

#192 2005-11-29 19:44:13

smoon
Member
Registered: 2005-08-22
Posts: 468
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

ozar wrote:

screenshot15yy.th.png

I like them clean and simple...

Fvwm, with "cold day on mars" wallpaper (via feh),
conky system monitor, thumbnails are two instances
of rox-filer, one firefox, and one scite text editor.

Really nice. I especially like the wallpaper smile
2005-11-29_thumb.jpg
Full image size

Offline

#193 2005-11-29 23:16:51

ozar
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2005-02-18
Posts: 1,681

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

smoon wrote:

Really nice. I especially like the wallpaper smile
2005-11-29_thumb.jpg

Hey, smoon... that's a really nice shot.

I don't know what it is about that wallpaper, but I love it.  The thing is, I've had it on storage for a while and now that I've decided to use it, I can't remember where I found it.  Would you mind telling me where you downloaded from?  I'm wanting to take another look around there.

Thanks in advance!


oz

Offline

#194 2005-11-30 04:12:35

LudoTheGreat
Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2005-04-27
Posts: 40
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Its been a while, but heres a new one.
29112005.png

EDIT: Wallpaper can be found here

Offline

#195 2005-11-30 11:01:13

smoon
Member
Registered: 2005-08-22
Posts: 468
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

ozar wrote:

Hey, smoon... that's a really nice shot.

I don't know what it is about that wallpaper, but I love it.  The thing is, I've had it on storage for a while and now that I've decided to use it, I can't remember where I found it.  Would you mind telling me where you downloaded from?  I'm wanting to take another look around there.

Thanks in advance!

I found it at http://www.customize.org/details/30866 but somehow I doubt this is the original source.

Offline

#196 2005-12-01 04:32:44

dakor
Member
Registered: 2004-03-19
Posts: 105

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

LudoTheGreat wrote:

Its been a while, but heres a new one.
29112005.png

hey you mind linking me to that wallpaper?


freenode.net  #linuxn00b

Offline

#197 2005-12-01 04:34:08

LudoTheGreat
Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2005-04-27
Posts: 40
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

dakor wrote:
LudoTheGreat wrote:

Its been a while, but heres a new one.
29112005.png

hey you mind linking me to that wallpaper?

http://www.digitalmassacre.com/gallery/ … ewsIndex=1

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB