You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-30 20:05:01

jskier
Website

Recommend me a linux friendly syncing Palm

Currently an unhappy PPC Ipaq owner, I'm interested in adding a Palm to my Christmas list. Anyone have some suggestions for something around under $300 that syncs well with linux? Mainly seeking some practical advice, not just what the guy at Circuit City tells me. I need a lot of storage for the calendar, contacts, and for reading news articles. I play some games but thats mainly a liuxury I can live without. Also, it needs to be metal or very durable plastic.

Thanks in advance for any insight  big_smile

PS. I only need to sync with linux, not run linux on the Palm.

--
JSkier

#2 2005-12-01 04:37:24

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Recommend me a linux friendly syncing Palm

no idea what the price is, my Tungsten T5 works fine with JPilot. You have to press the hotsync button, wait 3 seconds, then press sync in JPilot (took me a while to figure that out, search forums), but it does work.

Dusty

#3 2005-12-01 05:47:39

jskier
Website

Dusty wrote:

no idea what the price is, my Tungsten T5 works fine with JPilot. You have to press the hotsync button, wait 3 seconds, then press sync in JPilot (took me a while to figure that out, search forums), but it does work.

Dusty

Thanks for the info Dusty, however the reviews on Amazon don't sound very impressive, and it is a bit pricey. The E2 looks interesting, only issue is the 32mb memory, has anyone had any experience with it?

--
JSkier

#4 2005-12-01 07:16:59

dojo

I am using a Palm m130 with linux and it works great.  Here you can get some more Information http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/hardware.php. This pages are about supported devices under kpilot, but should also work with other frontends.

Greets

Sunnemer

#5 2005-12-01 07:44:48

jskier
Website

sunnemer wrote:

I am using a Palm m130 with linux and it works great.  Here you can get some more Information http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/hardware.php. This pages are about supported devices under kpilot, but should also work with other frontends.

Greets

Sunnemer

Ah, excellent, just what I needed, thanks  big_smile

--
JSkier

#6 2005-12-01 17:25:38

jskier
Website

I've decided on the E2. It looks compatible thanks to the list provided by sunnemer. Thanks for the responses, I'll see what happens on Christmas  smile

--
JSkier

#7 2005-12-01 23:35:47

khazdar

Don't know if you had your heart set on a brand new palm, but I have a Tungsten T2 that I will sell you. I dont use it anymore, and It's in very good condition.

PM if you are interested.

-Khaz

Board footer