You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-25 02:58:46

frankspace

[SOLVED]Gimp hangs unless I force a new instance or run through strace

Gimp has suddenly taken up hanging when it tries to load.  My windowmanager (FVWM) brings up the outlines of the windows, but nothing gets painted inside them... and then it just sits there with those empty windows forever.  Nothing is displayed on the command line.  The --verbose option also does not seem to display anything unusual; rather, it just stops doing anything after loading script-fu.  (Removing script-fu does not change this behavior.)

Annoyingly, Gimp works perfectly when I force it to open with a new instance (-n).  It also works perfectly when I run it through strace.  I've made sure my machine is up to date.  I tried recompiling Gimp, GEGL, and BABL and reinstalling them.  I've tried deleting my .gimp-2.8 folder.  I've obviously tried rebooting several times.  Nothing makes any difference.  I've tried Google but I fear I'm simply not clever enough to craft a useful inquiry.  This happened completely out of the blue, not just after running an update.  All other software seems to work perfectly fine.

I'm stumped.  What would be the next piece of detective work?  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Last edited by frankspace (2013-04-25 13:57:19)

#2 2013-04-25 13:20:58

Hspasta
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Gimp hangs unless I force a new instance or run through strace

Updating glib2 should fix it.
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34871

#3 2013-04-25 13:56:53

frankspace

Re: [SOLVED]Gimp hangs unless I force a new instance or run through strace

Indeed it does!  Thank you!

Board footer