You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-25 23:19:04

AlecB

'Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device.'

I'm trying  to boot my new Arch installation from UEFI, using EFISTUB. My Asrock H67m motherboard has an option to "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device," but when I try to run it I receive an error, "NOT FOUND". I've found the section of the Wiki article on UEFI where it talks about motherboards with that option, but the fix involves downloading and coping the shell. I haven't been able to boot yet, and I don't know how to download the shell. Any ideas?

Thanks

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

#2 2013-04-26 00:19:56

WonderWoofy

Re: 'Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device.'

Boot a live media and then create the efi system partition.  Then download and move the UEFI Shell to <esp>/shellx64.efi

#3 2013-04-26 01:05:46

AlecB

Re: 'Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device.'

Sorry, I'm having trouble getting the hang of this whole UEFI thing:). Would I have already have the UEFI shell on the usb that I'm installing Arch from? I've followed all of the steps to set up EFISTUB in the Beginners' Guide, and if I could just copy the shell to another directory, that would make it easier. Or maybe I should just buy another motherboard.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

Board footer