You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-26 10:04:16

estex198

[solved] invalid or corrupted gpg errors @ pacstrap /mnt base

I'm getting errors such as...
GPGME ERROR: no data

database [core/extra] not valid (invalid or corrupted database (GPG signature))

failed to install packages to new root.

Following the beginner's guide like a good arch user, I tried the following...

pacman-key --init && pacman-key --populate archlinux

which did something successfully, but then when attempting to do the pacstrap /mnt base I get the same errors. Any suggestions?

Last edited by estex198 (2013-04-26 10:37:56)

#2 2013-04-26 10:10:02

Pierre
Developer
Website

Re: [solved] invalid or corrupted gpg errors @ pacstrap /mnt base

Please provide more details about what are you doing in which environment.

Also: check if date and time is set correctly.

#3 2013-04-26 10:24:52

estex198

date and time are correct. I know this after using the cal command. The environment I'm using is ksh, or whatever the default shell is in the archinstall environment.

At first I tried installing using the official arch install guide, which had me lost at trying to configure grub. Since the new system wouldnt install, I fired up the arch install disk again. This time around, I simply created the mount points in the /mnt directory for /, /boot, /var, and /home. then i reformatted the partitions and mounted them to their respective locations within the /mnt directory. Next, according the beginner guide, I attempted to install the base meta package using the command pacstrap /mnt boot.

This is where I run into the errors.

#4 2013-04-26 10:37:40

estex198

So not sure how this solved the problem, but I formatted the partitions again, this time rebooting afterwards. After the system came up the second time, I was able to make the directories to mount my partitions, mount the partitions, and install the base system using pacstrap /mnt base

Thanks for your time.

- Rusty

#5 2013-06-30 04:15:40

Dave Cohen

I was stuck with this error for a while.  Changed my choice of mirror several times, but still always the error.  Finally I ran

rm -R /mnt/var/lib/pacman/sync

Then the next time I ran pacstrap it worked (using a different mirror than when I originally had the problem).  Thanks to https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=142798 for suggesting that solution.

Board footer