You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-26 14:51:15

daniel_shub

[Solved] python2-2.7.4-1-x86_64 checksum

I am trying to update the python2 package to python2.7.4-1.

# pacman -Sy python2

Gives

:: Synchronising package databases...                                                                                                             
core is up to date                                                                                                                               
extra is up to date                                                                                                                               
community is up to date                                                                                                                           
multilib is up to date                                                                                                                           
resolving dependencies...                                                                                                                         
looking for inter-conflicts...                                                                                                                     

Packages (1): python2-2.7.4-1                                                                                                                     

Total Download Size:    9.23 MiB                                                                                                                   
Total Installed Size:   61.63 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       -7.58 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages ...
python2-2.7.4-1-x86_64                                           3.5 KiB  0.00B/s 00:00 [###################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                           [###################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                         [###################################################] 100%
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python2-2.7.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (checksum))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I have tried a number of different mirrors and this problem has persisted for a number of days and exists on a number of computers for me (all behind the same proxy/firewall).  One possibility, although it seems unlikely, is that the python2 package is actually broken. What am I missing?

Last edited by daniel_shub (2013-04-29 09:45:11)

#2 2013-04-26 18:59:07

Azd325
Website

Re: [Solved] python2-2.7.4-1-x86_64 checksum

I would try to run the install command with the parameter

--debug

Also you can try to remove it and try again to install

#3 2013-04-26 19:43:01

progandy

Maybe your mirror databasey is corrupted. First, delete /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python2-2.7.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz. Then use pacman -Syyu to force a mirror sync.

PS: I use archlinux.limun.org as my default mirror and the file is not corrupt.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2013-04-29 09:46:00

daniel_shub

It seems like my mirror, and the couple of others I tried was really corrupted. I used archlinux.limun.org and it worked fine.

EDIT:

Apparently the python package triggers a warning about the Trojan-ArcBomb.BZip.Agent virus (http://bugs.python.org/issue17843). I was not able to download the package at work because of my proxy/firewall/virus scan, but I could download it at home no problem. So it is not a problem with the mirrors.

Last edited by daniel_shub (2013-05-03 11:52:01)

Board footer